I can't say enough about Carbon and Steel just west of York.

Not a big shop.

Ammo prices are fair. Not great, not high. Fair. Used guns are fair to good prices. New guns....honestly I wasn't paying attention.

They always have a good selection of used stuff and consignment gear. They do archery and fishing stuff as well.

But the staff is what really brings me back. They couldn't be more friendly if they tried. They just all seem to have fun there with each other all day.

And they treat every customer with respect. Last time I was there there was a guy outfitting a deer rifle with an optic that would make NASA jealous and the staff was able to talk about the intricacies of long range bulistics in detail....then turned around to a new shooter and his wife who are brand new to guns and were able to help them find the right handguns for them without acting like know it alls.

And I was only there for a transfer (which they only charge $25 for) and they were happy to have me...when they weren't making any money off me. I ended up buying a bunch of range ammo just so they made a few bucks off me for their time.

It's not a fancy shop. But you'll have a good time just browsing there.