I had a STI Ranger II that ran like a sewing machine but the bluing was really getting thin and some rust was beginning to appear. Tried to do some re-bluing on own as a stop gap but just wasn't satisfied and decided to find a place to get it refinished - and maybe custom work while I'm at it. Talked with some gun shops that did re- bluing - very long lead times and although it looks classy - bluing is not the best choice out there for a carry gun. Checked with Staccato - they weren't taking refinishing jobs or custom work- just too busy. Wilson Combat wasn't taking any custom work that wasn't on a Wilson gun. Others just didn't want to work on this particular model. Got in touch with Nighthawk Custom and they could/would Nitride the pistol- not a problem - price was also the cheapest of all other places I checked. So I sent the pistol to them and also had them mill front cocking serrations to match the rear, round the butt and install new night sights - also opted for the blackout option - nitriding the entire pistol including the barrel. Well, 7 month later, I received it back, and its like a brand new pistol - flawless - couldn't be happier with the work they did! Props to Bob and all the other guys at Nighthawk!

tSNFr1F.jpg