Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Miles Davis mystery gun

Morning folks,

Anyone able to identify this gun from the Miles Davis record "You're Under Arrest?"

I've inherited a massive LP collection from a dear friend and this not-very-enjoyable record is in the collection. I'm deeply curious to know what that gun is, though, if it's real.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Miles Davis mystery gun

Quote Originally Posted by afdcomposer View Post
    Morning folks,

Anyone able to identify this gun from the Miles Davis record "You're Under Arrest?"

I've inherited a massive LP collection from a dear friend and this not-very-enjoyable record is in the collection. I'm deeply curious to know what that gun is, though, if it's real.

Toys from the time.

From the article: *We spent the entire day shooting *You*re Under Arrest,* working on the concept. **I had bought two toy guns * one machine gun and one hand gun.** I used a red background to symbolize blood. He brought with him two very expensive-looking black jackets, one with a phoenix embroidered on it and the other with gold and silver inlay. We did some shots with a black hat and used the black horn decorated with gold half moons and stars, with the word *Miles* written inside the rim. We did some nice shots of him putting the mouthpiece of the horn right under his eye. We had a tremendously creative day working as a team.*It would be the last time I collaborated with Miles. He died in 1991. I cried that day.*.
    https://barbozablink.wordpress.com/2015/04/01/4-2/

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Miles Davis mystery gun

You'll shoot you eye out, Miles!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!