Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Gunbroker 15 minute rule

Yes or no. I have my opinion but I'll wait to post it.
    FJB

(Berks County)

Default Re: Gunbroker 15 minute rule

Some auctions have it and some don't. My opinion has no effect on whether they have it or not. It is what it is.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Electronic version of a live auctioneer stating, going once, going twice............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

(Washington County)

Soft close is the auction term. I cant say I mind it because it keeps someone from beating me with 1 second left. But it keeps me from winning with a sniper bid with 1 second left. Overall I think it is a good thing.

(Montgomery County)

I'm in walleyes camp, Their terms, their auction

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Soft close is the auction term. I cant say I mind it because it keeps someone from beating me with 1 second left. But it keeps me from winning with a sniper bid with 1 second left. Overall I think it is a good thing.
    Keep in mind that the auction house is there to make money for themselves, not the buyer or the seller. They couldn't care less about us. Accordingly, the 15 minute delay, or any delay at all will result in more money for them, in addition to the seller(s). It only makes sense. And if you've ever been to a real estate auction, they always take a break and give bidders time to call their financiers and give them a chance to cut them a little slack. But I have yet to see that one yield any results.

Between a rock and a hard place, Pennsylvania
    (York County)

I tend to like a little more than a free for all in the last second or two on eBay. I do find it fun to watch two tight wad and motivated bidders drag an auction well past the original closing time. I still go in with the mindset of placing my top top dollar bid. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose, but I don*t loose sleep Dwayne.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by egon12 View Post
    I tend to like a little more than a free for all in the last second or two on eBay. I do find it fun to watch two tight wad and motivated bidders drag an auction well past the original closing time. I still go in with the mindset of placing my top top dollar bid. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose, but I don*t loose sleep Dwayne.
    Top offer, automatic bidden and you won't get caught up in overbidding. That's how I do it too. If nothing else, it stops some schmo from getting it too cheap. Of course, if I get it too cheap, that's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Keep in mind that the auction house is there to make money for themselves, not the buyer or the seller. They couldn't care less about us. Accordingly, the 15 minute delay, or any delay at all will result in more money for them, in addition to the seller(s). It only makes sense. And if you've ever been to a real estate auction, they always take a break and give bidders time to call their financiers and give them a chance to cut them a little slack. But I have yet to see that one yield any results.
    I'd like to see 5min, but I agree with your ststement. They are in it for the money.
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Yes or no. I have my opinion but I'll wait to post it.
    I don't see the issue of extending auctions when people bid. I mean, why not? If people are willing to pay more, no reason why the seller shouldn't collect that money.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast