Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: The Victims of Temple University

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    They struggle with security because they are unwilling to properly enforce the laws due to fears of perceived racism. My son has been a student at Temple for years and the crime that occurs on and off campus is staggering. It was always bad, but has gotten significantly worse in the last couple of years. Rarely is anyone apprehended.

Some years ago, there was an incident after one of their football games where over a hundred local youths rioted, beat up students and fought in the streets. Phila police, Temple police and I think Septa police all responded. One of the youths even punched a police horse in the mouth! As I recall, I think they managed to arrest a total of only maybe 2 or 3 people out of the hundred and I don't recall hearing that they received and serious punishment.

My wife and I did not want him to go to Temple due to the high level of crime, but he made his own choice on the subject. We worry about him constantly. He says he hears gunshots nearby on an almost daily basis. Although he has a carry permit, he is a strict rule follower and refuses to carry because it is against Temple's policies. I have talked to him time and time again about this but he is unwilling to risk his advanced degree after investing 6 or 7 years of his life earning it. Meanwhile, we pray for his safety and the day he finally graduates this spring and can leave that craphole.

I would advise any parents looking for a college to send their kid to that they should not even look at Temple. It may be a good school, but it is in the heart of the ghetto and is riddled with crime.
    Hope he makes it out of there alive. I don't know about Temple being a good school though. I have a nephew who went to Pitt and one time whilst we were chatting he commented that he didn't look too schmart in his Temple sweat shirt.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Golly. I wonder if someone was dealing drugs and that brought the goblins to their door.

The suspects rounded up the residents * eight women and three men between the ages of 20 and 22 * and moved them into the basement and tied up at least one person, police said.
    https://www.audacy.com/kywnewsradio/...h-philadelphia

Let's review - the victims had at least one firearm (a Glock) and woke up to find Goblins getting the drop on them. Fascinating.

For at least the second time in as many weeks, Temple University students were robbed at gunpoint inside of their North Philadelphia home, police said.
    Shortly before 6 a.m. Monday, Philadelphia police say two males invaded the students* off-campus home on the 1900 block of North 18th Street.
    The pair stole a 2022 black Mitsubishi Cross, a Glock 19 handgun, several iPhones, iPad, Apple watches and a Mac Book Pro, according to police. One of the suspects wore a mask and was armed with an Uzi-style weapon; the other wore all-black clothing with Nike gloves. A victim told NBC10 he was woken up by someone tapping and pointing a gun at him. The two males made him get his other roommate, who was also asleep at the time, and stay in a bathroom while they stole their belongings.
    https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...dents/3431170/

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    One of my daughters went to Temple. I didn't sleep for four years.
    Same here! Now she’s a nurse living in DC. RIGHT across the street from Nationals Stadium. There’s been like six people shot there this year.
    I wanted her to go to school in the woods and get a nice job in a hospital in the woods. Didn’t get my way.

Johnson has prior convictions from 2019 and now faces criminal conspiracy, kidnapping, burglary, robbery, assault and gun related offenses.

Police arrest man linked to Temple home invasions
    https://www.audacy.com/kywnewsradio/...home-invasions

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    Johnson has prior convictions from 2019 and now faces criminal conspiracy, kidnapping, burglary, robbery, assault and gun related offenses.

Police arrest man linked to Temple home invasions
    https://www.audacy.com/kywnewsradio/...home-invasions
    The word 'allegedly' was omitted a couple of times and a slander suit is in order. Also no mention of his custody status so I'm going to guess he's free without bail. I'll bet that a good waterboarding session would result in a solid identity on the accomplice.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    The word 'allegedly' was omitted a couple of times and a slander suit is in order. Also no mention of his custody status so I'm going to guess he's free without bail. I'll bet that a good waterboarding session would result in a solid identity on the accomplice.
    Interesting side note: I went to google this perp nasir, an oddball name, to see what his *19 convictions were, and up pops a federal list of Covid PPP loans, which are completely forgivable. So I look over the loan, and it appears there was a $17k loan to a sole proprietor business owner with this name for *Grain Farming* in downtown Philadelphia (zip 19141), from what appears to be some community development group out of AZ (cover business), tied to $12B in fraudulent loans. A bit of digging online shows they are related to blueacorn, another far left money laundering scheme, that was under investigation for billions in fraudulent PPP loans.

Further, their website shows people how to get loans forgiven and scam the system. Essentially, here*s your free money, up to $20K. It appears the fraud and abuse of the system by the left is so much larger and deeper then anything we could possibly imagine*

Link to the loan:
    https://www.federalpay.org/paycheck-...hiladelphia-pa

Link to a blueacorn new article about their fraud:
    https://www.abc15.com/news/local-new...tion?_amp=true
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Interesting side note: I went to google this perp nasir, an oddball name, to see what his *19 convictions were, and up pops a federal list of Covid PPP loans, which are completely forgivable. So I look over the loan, and it appears there was a $17k loan to a sole proprietor business owner with this name for *Grain Farming* in downtown Philadelphia (zip 19141), from what appears to be some community development group out of AZ (cover business), tied to $12B in fraudulent loans. A bit of digging online shows they are related to blueacorn, another far left money laundering scheme, that was under investigation for billions in fraudulent PPP loans.

Further, their website shows people how to get loans forgiven and scam the system. Essentially, here*s your free money, up to $20K. It appears the fraud and abuse of the system by the left is so much larger and deeper then anything we could possibly imagine*

Link to the loan:
    https://www.federalpay.org/paycheck-...hiladelphia-pa

Link to a blueacorn new article about their fraud:
    https://www.abc15.com/news/local-new...tion?_amp=true
    Unfuckingbelievable I wan to take him behind the barn and give him the cornpop treatment.

A Temple University student frustrated with the school's perceived lack of communication about public safety has started his own Instagram account to keep his peers informed. John Mangan, a senior finance major, runs the account "Keep_Us_Safe_TU' and has a growing base of followers.
    https://www.fox29.com/news/student-r...rom-university

The arson happened in the early morning hours of November 15th on the 2000 block of N Cleveland Street. Video of the incident posted to social media and shared widely shows a man walking out of a home next door and tossing a firebomb through a window, then walking away.Fortunately, the university says the students got out and no one was hurt.

The 35-year-old suspect was later arrested and may also be linked to recent vandalism incidents involving Temple and SEPTA facilities.
    https://www.fox29.com/news/suspect-i...-officials-say

(Bucks County)

My daughter goes to Temple and lives in a apartment within the patrol zone. I get the parent newsletter and today's edition has a link to this story:

Arrest made following incident of arson
    Posted 7 days ago in Student Support, Parent & Family News, Campus Life & Safety.
    From https://news.temple.edu/announcement...incident-arson
    Please see the recent communication to students from Jennifer D. Griffin, Vice President of Public Safety at Temple University.

Dear students,

As you may be aware, four Temple students were recently victims of an incident of arson, which occurred at a residence outside of the patrol zone on Tuesday, Nov. 15. Temple University Public Safety can share that this morning, a Temple University Police Department (TUPD) detective played a key role in apprehending the suspect in the case.

Following the initial response and investigation by the Philadelphia Police Department, the case was transferred to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). TUPD detectives assisted in various investigative aspects such as locating and sharing video footage in and around the area where the suspect may have traveled. This morning, a TUPD detective located the subject, called our dispatchers for backup, TUPD police officers responded and the team took the suspect into custody. The suspect was then turned over to the Philadelphia Police Department and ATF. We are immensely grateful for the diligent and persistent efforts of our TUPD detectives and police officers and the collaboration and teamwork with Philadelphia police and ATF. Their tireless efforts truly made all the difference.

We recognize the impact that crimes like this have on our community. We encourage anyone who has been affected by incidents like this to reach out to Tuttleman Counseling Services for support.

We also urge all members of the Temple community to contact Temple Police at 215-204-1234 with any questions regarding available safety resources and the university’s commitment to protecting its community.

Best regards,

Jennifer D. Griffin
    Vice President of Public Safety at Temple University

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast