Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Victims of Temple University

I know a guy that was a temple swat/cop, now he does forensic drawings. Its a rough area.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    About two weeks ago a Temple Graduate was shot and killed near Drexels Campus. He was enrolling in a Masters Degree there. Video shows the suspect and him walking past each other, when without provocation, the suspect, described as a black male, turns and shoots him dead.

In subsequent articles his family (from Malvern I believe) talks about how proud he was to be involved with the Democrat Party.
    PHILADELPHIA - Law enforcement sources tell FOX 29 that investigators are exploring the possibility that some of the suspects involved in the deadly shooting near Roxborough High School are linked to two other homicides, including the "unprovoked murder" of a Temple graduate in West Philadelphia.

Sources tell FOX 29's Kelly Rule that police are also investigating if the suspects are behind a deadly broad daylight shooting of a 19-year-old man who was ambushed as he sat on the front steps of a home. Police shared video of shooting that showed three people jump out of a Nissan Altima driven by a forth person and unleash over 30 shots.
    https://www.fox29.com/news/source-in...cent-homicides

Police believe the dark-colored Nissan Altima was used in a shooting near Temple University's campus four days earlier that left an 8-year-old girl with a non-fatal graze wound to the head.
    https://www.fox29.com/news/source-in...cent-homicides
    Last edited by Story; October 7th, 2022 at 07:42 AM.

(York County)

My youngest son will go to Drexel next spring for a Masters program----proud and worried at once.
    Phuq campus "policy" - I will make sure he is properly outfitted - his Spidey-skills are dam good and make me look comatose in comparison.

(York County)

https://www.fox29.com/news/police-te...cade-situation

Teen killed in barrage of gunfire in Philadelphia's Fairhill neighborhood, more than 80 shots fired

PHILADELPHIA - Authorities say more than 80 shots were fired in a shooting that claimed the life of a teenage boy and triggered a brief barricade situation Thursday night in North Philadelphia.

Officers from the Philadelphia Police Department were called to the 3400 block of Palethorp Street for reports of gunfire.

Police found a 17-year-old boy suffering from multiple gunshot wounds to the body and rushed him to Temple Hospital where he died.
    A SWAT team was called to the scene for reports that two males had barricaded themselves inside a nearby garage. Authorities breached the garage, but did not find anyone inside.

Investigators at least 80 shell casings were found at the scene and appeared to have been fired from at least two different guns - including an AK47-style short rifle and a handgun. Both guns were recovered at the scene. Police used so many evidence markers at the scene that they were forced to hand-make additional markers.

It's believed the teenage victim was riding a mini-motorcycle when he was fatally shot, according to police.

No motive has been confirmed, but police speculated the gunfire might have started from a botched robbery.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsBarking View Post
    https://www.fox29.com/news/police-te...cade-situation

Teen killed in barrage of gunfire in Philadelphia's Fairhill neighborhood, more than 80 shots fired

PHILADELPHIA - Authorities say more than 80 shots were fired in a shooting that claimed the life of a teenage boy and triggered a brief barricade situation Thursday night in North Philadelphia.

Officers from the Philadelphia Police Department were called to the 3400 block of Palethorp Street for reports of gunfire.

Police found a 17-year-old boy suffering from multiple gunshot wounds to the body and rushed him to Temple Hospital where he died.
    A SWAT team was called to the scene for reports that two males had barricaded themselves inside a nearby garage. Authorities breached the garage, but did not find anyone inside.

Investigators at least 80 shell casings were found at the scene and appeared to have been fired from at least two different guns - including an AK47-style short rifle and a handgun. Both guns were recovered at the scene. Police used so many evidence markers at the scene that they were forced to hand-make additional markers.

It's believed the teenage victim was riding a mini-motorcycle when he was fatally shot, according to police.

No motive has been confirmed, but police speculated the gunfire might have started from a botched robbery.
    If they mean an off-road, engine powered two-wheeler, I approve.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Was it electric? The battery woulda kilt him anyway.
    FJB

Why doesn't the rest of Pennsylvania chip in to bail out Philly, fund their schools, invest in city infrastructure (without "gentrifying", so just send the money and stay away)?

Because (a) there are enough soulless sociopaths in Philly to affect the daily dynamic, and (b) the re-election of Krasner as DA proves that the majority of Philly is OK with that.

I just hope that when the time comes, none of the heavenly fire and brimstone splashes outside the city limits.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Temple University struggles with security as number of robberies near campus grows

Van Veen adds, "It*s my third year here and, at least once a week, I*ll hear on my phone, *Shooting on health campus* or *armed robbery somewhere.*"
    Some students say they*re anxious about the crime near campus. All of the students FOX 29 spoke to say they try to be careful.
    Annemarie Basilica says, "We typically don*t go out at night. I*m on edge all the time when I*m walking around, even if I*m going to the grocery store."
    Jones says, "My plan is to stay on campus until I graduate, just so that my mom can sleep a little better at night."
    https://www.fox29.com/news/temple-un...r-campus-grows
    Last edited by Story; October 10th, 2022 at 10:08 AM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    Temple University struggles with security as number of robberies near campus grows
    This kind of news is heartbreaking, simply heartbreaking.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post

They struggle with security because they are unwilling to properly enforce the laws due to fears of perceived racism. My son has been a student at Temple for years and the crime that occurs on and off campus is staggering. It was always bad, but has gotten significantly worse in the last couple of years. Rarely is anyone apprehended.

Some years ago, there was an incident after one of their football games where over a hundred local youths rioted, beat up students and fought in the streets. Phila police, Temple police and I think Septa police all responded. One of the youths even punched a police horse in the mouth! As I recall, I think they managed to arrest a total of only maybe 2 or 3 people out of the hundred and I don't recall hearing that they received and serious punishment.

My wife and I did not want him to go to Temple due to the high level of crime, but he made his own choice on the subject. We worry about him constantly. He says he hears gunshots nearby on an almost daily basis. Although he has a carry permit, he is a strict rule follower and refuses to carry because it is against Temple's policies. I have talked to him time and time again about this but he is unwilling to risk his advanced degree after investing 6 or 7 years of his life earning it. Meanwhile, we pray for his safety and the day he finally graduates this spring and can leave that craphole.

I would advise any parents looking for a college to send their kid to that they should not even look at Temple. It may be a good school, but it is in the heart of the ghetto and is riddled with crime.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast