Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Preparedness in Action

Here I am in Florida and dealing with the hurricane. We lost power at midnight, so I fired up for action my 5300-watt Westinghouse propane generator. I got approximately 5 hours of run time on a 20 lb. tank on a relatively light load of 2 refrigerators, Satellite TV system and one small fan. I don't think I am drawing more than 500 watts at this point. I have two window A/C units that draw 530 and 600 watts respectively, so I could even run both of them if I need too.

I have another 120 lbs. of fuel left to burn and 2, 100-watt solar panels with 4, 6-volt batteries wired for 12 v. That gives me power for lights and fans. Got a 3-week supply of 25-year dried food for two. In case of loss of water, I have 2, 30 gal. trash cans full, plus some gallon jugs and 6 cases of bottled water. Refrigerators are full, got plenty of canned goods, bread, and meds. We are in good shape I would say.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

Default Re: Preparedness in Action

Glad you're doing ok. It's nice when shit hits the fan but you're fine because you prepared ahead of time.

Was there much flooding in your area? I saw a lot of areas with 2-4' of standing water and i know that would definitely throw a wrench into most of my plans.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    Glad you're doing ok. It's nice when shit hits the fan but you're fine because you prepared ahead of time.

Was there much flooding in your area? I saw a lot of areas with 2-4' of standing water and i know that would definitely throw a wrench into most of my plans.
    No flooding in my area, but maybe in some other parts of the county as it rained all night. We got the western part of the storm (Tampa area) which is good for us. We still feel for those who got the worst and wish them well. It's a good thing to be well prepared, it was worth the money to set things up and today we are sitting pretty, watching TV and drinking coffee like a normal morning.

(Chester County)

Good to hear that you're safe and glad to hear that you were prepared. Carry on.

(Lancaster County)

I fueled up and started my backup backup generator today. Since my fishing trip out of Rock Hall MD was canceled due to the storm, I guess I'll go out and fuel up gas cans.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

Thank God you've enough sense to "Be Prepared".
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Lancaster County)

Sounds like you are better prepared than most folks. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by DRB View Post
    Sounds like you are better prepared than most folks. Good luck!
    We ended up losing power for about 10 and a half hours. Yesterday I went to Ft. Myers and east from there to W. Palm Beach and there were areas with no power and scattered cell service. They could be down for a couple of days. From Irma, which happened several years ago, we were without power for 3 days.

(Delaware County)

Question:
    If you had solar panels and batteries, lead acid car batteries, Power wall, etc, I suppose the storage would have to be Above the Water line.
    Aren't most of the Power walls on the ground level.
    Meaning they're Useless in High water?
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

Being prepared for a short natural disaster is good. But being prepared for the collapse of the infrastructure nationwide or worldwide is different, because your preps will suddenly become "the resources our community has" within a few weeks, and the local satraps will form emergency committees and send around survey groups to inventory "our" assets. So your fuel and food and weapons and ammo and other key supplies will be seized and distributed "equitably" to those who didn't deny themselves during good times.

Prepare, but stay quiet about it to your neighbors. If you can figure out how to hide your generator and its exhaust, do so. When the courts close down, the laws mean nothing. Hell, they don't mean much right now if you wear a MAGA hat and the FBI knows about it. Imagine what the Biden puppet show would do during a real widescale disaster, with gun bans and hoarding EO's and arrests and searches of homes. If you have 6 months of food while the family of 5 next door only has cell phones that stopped working and designer purses and drug dependency, the Wokesters will take your food and hand it to the needy next door.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast