Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: High end AR’s, what’s your choice?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Ok, yet another lesson. Adjustable gas blocks are used so that ANY ammunition, ANY weight bullet will function 100%. Adjustable gas blocks are a relatively new commodity in the AR world. I probably assembled many dozen AR*s WITHOUT an adjustable GB before you ever HELD your first! The first AR*s I did, I used F-marked GB* & cut them down to fit under 12* 4-rail FF handguards. I did that she almost everyone else was still running M4 plastics. You are quickly going to find where you stop & I begin. And do it with ONE ARM at that! Defend your life with it?? Ok there Kyle Rittenhouse, LOL!
    Whatever you think you know, you have NO idea. Every couple years guys like you come around. CHILDREN who discovered the AR seventeen days ago, and ask the same questions many of us have heard over & over again. It*s like a 12yo boy who on the day just figured out how to play with his tallywhacker! You are as a CHILD to me! OLD NEWS!
    You and Gunplummer should have a build-off to see which one of you can build the world's finest, indestructible, 1/2-MOA-with-wolf-steel-case AR-15, for the cheapest. I'm guessing you guys can do it with scrap parts you both bought from gun shows 30 years ago
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Allegheny County)

How does LaRue Tactical fare in the "high end" category?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Columbia County)

About a decade ago I bought an still have a Colt Piston AR 15 known as the 6949P for about $1800. It works well but the parts are proprietary and Colt stop making them and parts for them about years ago. Because of that I haven't fired it for a while. I don't know if is has much Colt Collector value.

$2500 is to much for an AR. The whole point of an AR is it's a cheap and massively configurable firearm that is highly effective. Excluding optics and various add-on's, probably the most I've spent on an AR is $1000, and it was very nice, but about the same as an $800 AR, and even $500 AR.

It's functional, more money doesn't mean less recoil or higher accuracy or higher rate of fire or less jam's. You can have all that at bottom of the barrel prices. A little while ago I ordered a couple no-name bcg's from a no-name site. I received them, and upon further research, they were PSA bcg's, but less than half the price.

If you want to spend a lot of money, there are much better places to spend it than on a high end AR. Drop your $2500 budget down to $1000 for a fairly nice AR, then drop coin on a trijicon MRO or ACOG, or even a Holosun 512, you're well under the 2k mark, then buy 20 quality mags for ~200$ and you have a solid setup that won't let you down.

Just my 2 cents, but not all 2 cents are equal.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I wouldn't object to a 20" OBR joining my arsenal
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

For 2500 I'm getting 25 of davidh ar15s, since they are built of adamantium and lubed with unicorn spit. Besides mealteam6 has used them to singlehandedly win all 3 world wars....

But in reality if I'm dropping that much I'm getting a styer Aug or h&k g36 clone. Atleast they look different. Most people think all ar15 are the same no matter the cost.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    It*s up there for sure.

(Montgomery County)

It depends on what I am planning to use it for. Right now my favorite AR is my Colt Commando Model 6933 topped with the USMC M4 model Acog.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MD66948 View Post
    It depends on what I am planning to use it for. Right now my favorite AR is my Colt Commando Model 6933 topped with the USMC M4 model Acog.
    Nothing wrong with a proven war horse. They make a great AR!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    $2500 is to much for an AR. The whole point of an AR is it's a cheap and massively configurable firearm that is highly effective. Excluding optics and various add-on's, probably the most I've spent on an AR is $1000, and it was very nice, but about the same as an $800 AR, and even $500 AR.

It's functional, more money doesn't mean less recoil or higher accuracy or higher rate of fire or less jam's. You can have all that at bottom of the barrel prices. A little while ago I ordered a couple no-name bcg's from a no-name site. I received them, and upon further research, they were PSA bcg's, but less than half the price.

If you want to spend a lot of money, there are much better places to spend it than on a high end AR. Drop your $2500 budget down to $1000 for a fairly nice AR, then drop coin on a trijicon MRO or ACOG, or even a Holosun 512, you're well under the 2k mark, then buy 20 quality mags for ~200$ and you have a solid setup that won't let you down.

Just my 2 cents, but not all 2 cents are equal.
    True, not all .02 are equal, just as not all AR*s are equal. You are entitled to believe what you want, in the AR market you get what you pay for.

Btw you don*t need a 2k+ dollar AR to have a solid reliable gun, they can be had for around 1k or so.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast