Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: High end AR’s, what’s your choice?

I can*t believe it took until page three for him to show up.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Build* always build. The ARs I build are better than any of the Top Tier and cost half as much to build. Even if you can*t machine your own Billet Lower & have access to certain deals, building with the best parts will still save you money.

Here*s the thing*. You can spend $2500-$2900 on a KAC and see it do the same groups as your friend*s $800 Aero. They aren*t magic* they use the SAME uppers & lowers, BCGs, Lower parts like pins. Detents & springs & buffer. Their FF Handguard is the same 6061-T6 extrusion that every other FF Handguard is. Oh.. but it using a MilSpec Charging Handle that most people will spend even more money to replace, Look..KAC hardly makes anything. They ORDER a bunch of parts and assemble rifles!

But believe what you want, and spend as much money as you like. Makes for good filler story in my book LOL!
    And you use adjustable gas blocks lol. That tells me something right there. There isn*t one company out there that builds an AR for real world stuff, you know, the kind that people may use to defend and save their lives. It*s a failure point, and if you just use set screws for it that*s even worse, but I*m sure through your extensive testing you figured that out. I had one fail twice already and I don*t even run my stuff that hard.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    And you use adjustable gas blocks lol. That tells me something right there. There isn*t one company out there that builds an AR for real world stuff, you know, the kind that people may use to defend and save their lives. It*s a failure point, and if you just use set screws for it that*s even worse, but I*m sure through your extensive testing you figured that out. I had one fail twice already and I don*t even run my stuff that hard.

Ok, yet another lesson. Adjustable gas blocks are used so that ANY ammunition, ANY weight bullet will function 100%. Adjustable gas blocks are a relatively new commodity in the AR world. I probably assembled many dozen AR*s WITHOUT an adjustable GB before you ever HELD your first! The first AR*s I did, I used F-marked GB* & cut them down to fit under 12* 4-rail FF handguards. I did that she almost everyone else was still running M4 plastics. You are quickly going to find where you stop & I begin. And do it with ONE ARM at that! Defend your life with it?? Ok there Kyle Rittenhouse, LOL!
    Whatever you think you know, you have NO idea. Every couple years guys like you come around. CHILDREN who discovered the AR seventeen days ago, and ask the same questions many of us have heard over & over again. It*s like a 12yo boy who on the day just figured out how to play with his tallywhacker! You are as a CHILD to me! OLD NEWS!

(Allegheny County)

I just hope I'm in the book. I love fiction!
    (and comedy!)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Ok, yet another lesson. Adjustable gas blocks are used so that ANY ammunition, ANY weight bullet will function 100%. Adjustable gas blocks are a relatively new commodity in the AR world. I probably assembled many dozen AR*s WITHOUT an adjustable GB before you ever HELD your first! The first AR*s I did, I used F-marked GB* & cut them down to fit under 12* 4-rail FF handguards. I did that she almost everyone else was still running M4 plastics. You are quickly going to find where you stop & I begin. And do it with ONE ARM at that! Defend your life with it?? Ok there Kyle Rittenhouse, LOL!
    Whatever you think you know, you have NO idea. Every couple years guys like you come around. CHILDREN who discovered the AR seventeen days ago, and ask the same questions many of us have heard over & over again. It*s like a 12yo boy who on the day just figured out how to play with his tallywhacker! You are as a CHILD to me! OLD NEWS!
    Nice try but I*m not new to the AR platform by any means. You can thump your chest and pat yourself on the back all you like. The more you speak the more I laugh. Adjustable gas blocks are to correct a improperly built AR, or they*re most common use and the only place they should be used is in a gamers gun, but you should know that.

When I make a thread about how to build your own super AR for half the price please be sure to swing by and enlighten me.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I just hope I'm in the book. I love fiction!
    (and comedy!)
    I*ll include EM in my book anytime

(Montgomery County)

This is my new favorite thread.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    This is my new favorite thread.
    It*s definitely mine as well. It*s good to see Eugene Stoner still lives.

(Allegheny County)

And you one the same guy that tells me your 1911 never malfunctions lol.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    And you one the same guy that tells me your 1911 never malfunctions lol.
    Don*t remember ever saying that to you, love to see where I said it. But No.. they DON*T, because no firearm I build malfunctions. If it does I fix it. That*s what happens when one knows how to build & repair their firearms. Of course every firearm has malfunctioned at some point. Bad ammo, bad magazines, people *limp body parting* said firearm(you know about that one, I*m sure), can*t control those things. My 1911*s & my carry gun don*t malf. as a result of their action. Because I built them!
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast