Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: 47 deputies stripped of guns after failing psych tests

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) * The Alameda County Sheriff*s Office in Northern California has stripped 47 deputies * 10% of the force * of their guns and arrest powers because they failed psychological exams, it was reported Monday.

. . .The move came after the Sheriff*s Office conducted an internal audit of deputies* psychological examinations from January 2016 to the present... . . The Ella Baker Center for Human Rights, ... ... ...an Oakland nonprofit that deals with .... ..race.. .. and criminal justice issues, .... ..accused the Sheriff*s Office of previously turning a *blind eye* to the problem of unsuited deputies. . .

https://krcrtv.com/news/local/47-dep...ng-psych-tests

They probably said something crazy like all lives matter.

Will these same tests be given to the newly hired IRS agents? Or the rogue (read: all) FBI agents?
    I really have no idea how I feel about this. I either really like it or I really hate it. On one hand, it's good to see wack-a-doodle officers off the street, on the other hand is this another way for the feds to get local law enforcement off the street.
    The Hostler

(Berks County)

I'm thinking that since we now know that it's a problem, they should all be tested and fired if they fail.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    I really have no idea how I feel about this. I either really like it or I really hate it. On one hand, it's good to see wack-a-doodle officers off the street, on the other hand is this another way for the feds to get local law enforcement off the street.
    How many gun owners in America are whack-jobs and would also fail said test? (rhetorical)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I'm thinking that since we now know that it's a problem, they should all be tested and fired if they fail.
    According to the article, they were all tested. It's just that the Sheriff's office ignored the results and hired them anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12