Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (York County)

Default Re: Oaks, PA October 21, 22, 23 100 Station Ave, Phoenixville, PA 19460

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Child support? What a waste of resources.
    child support will definitely get you a denial. DUI also gets you a denial. Writing bad checks, warrants, etc. all get you a denial. the FFL holder doesn't call the police...that is done by the PICS system.

I was there from 8am Friday to 5 pm Sunday and didnt hear anything about a robbery at the gun show. I also followed the link provided and didnt see anything mentioned about a robbery at the show.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    child support will definitely get you a denial. DUI also gets you a denial. Writing bad checks, warrants, etc. all get you a denial. the FFL holder doesn't call the police...that is done by the PICS system.

I was there from 8am Friday to 5 pm Sunday and didnt hear anything about a robbery at the gun show. I also followed the link provided and didnt see anything mentioned about a robbery at the show.
    The local story was an attempted snatch and grab at the show.

They ran from there down to the giant/shannondell area. Hence the two posts on the lower prov page about avoiding that area.

(Delaware County)

Well, aside from snatch-and-grab excitement, I do have a couple of comments on the show. I thought it was pretty good. I was only there Sunday, I was a bit sick going into the weekend, so Sunday was the first day I felt well enough to go. I noticed a good spread of things for sale, some of them even gun related. One of the non-gun things that I saw was that various vendors are showing survival food again. Not the MRE guys, but different brands that I also see advertised online. These were mostly buckets of freeze dried stuff, no long-term meat cans or similar stuff. In the days leading up to Katrina and the other hurricanes, there was an increasing market in survival food. During the Obama days, this seemed to peter off, until you mostly saw MREs along with other surplus stuff, but no current quality freeze dried. I wonder if the increase in these is driven more by the new crop of natural disasters or the new crop of political disasters, or both combined. Anyway, it was interesting to see this at the Oaks show.
    I have also noted over the last couple of years that there are increasing numbers of women who are interested in buying guns for themselves rather than husbands and boyfriends pushing it. There's plenty of the latter to be sure, but I saw a number of instances where a woman was looking at a pistol, their male friend wanders over to give advice, only to be shooed off. I find that encouraging.
    I look forward to the December extravaganza.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Butler County)

I am unaware of a snatch and grab. I heard that rumor as well but none of the agencies I talked to had info to support that.

TONS of women were there to buy guns. I had several ladies ask at the front desk about different particulars in buying etc. Always great to see new people enjoy our hobby/sport/sickness.

One question for the group. We have been in contact with the military vehicle and re-enactors. It's probably too close for the December show, but if we have floor space at the March/ April extravaganza, do you folks enjoy seeing those displays?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cellboothmgr View Post
    I am unaware of a snatch and grab. I heard that rumor as well but none of the agencies I talked to had info to support that.

TONS of women were there to buy guns. I had several ladies ask at the front desk about different particulars in buying etc. Always great to see new people enjoy our hobby/sport/sickness.

One question for the group. We have been in contact with the military vehicle and re-enactors. It's probably too close for the December show, but if we have floor space at the March/ April extravaganza, do you folks enjoy seeing those displays?
    I take a quick look at them but I'm not a foamer. There was a reenactor cruising the show and I thought it was good to see.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post

And so will parking tickets and so on.. Bottom line, we dont want you to own guns. .gov
    FJB

(Montgomery County)

My son loves to see the vehicles. I don*t think we*ve seen them in a while but he always wonders if they*ll be there.

(York County)

my kids loved seeing them when they were there years ago. this is a major draw for families, buyers, and collectors. it makes the show a destination, not just a venue to purchase. most re-enactor groups love to display and teach the public about what their passion. When Harrisburg had them it was the biggest show on the east coast. then they stopped it and the show turned into one of the smallest on the east coast.

(Montgomery County)

Yes!

But not at an increase in costs.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567