Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Oaks, PA October 21, 22, 23 100 Station Ave, Phoenixville, PA 19460

Any more updates on the talked about "robbery"? I was there Saturday Noon til 4PM just want to know if this was fact or fiction reporting. There were quite a few shady looking characters that I saw at the show.

Quote Originally Posted by 2701jim View Post
    Any more updates on the talked about "robbery"? I was there Saturday Noon til 4PM just want to know if this was fact or fiction reporting. There were quite a few shady looking characters that I saw at the show.
    Just asked a friend that had a table up there, hes not even aware of anyone being robbed.
    FJB

(Butler County)

If you're referring to the cheering and gentleman getting walked out in cuffs - he had an open warrant. It happens from time to time but usually, they don't give the cops a bunch of hassle and cause a scene. Typically, they are super old warrants, like 10years + old.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cellboothmgr View Post
    If you're referring to the cheering and gentleman getting walked out in cuffs - he had an open warrant. It happens from time to time but usually, they don't give the cops a bunch of hassle and cause a scene. Typically, they are super old warrants, like 10years + old.
    How do they get nabbed, I didn't see a wall of 'wanted' posters.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    How do they get nabbed, I didn't see a wall of 'wanted' posters.
    Probably trying to buy a gun. Pics/nics came back flagged and vendor called the man.
    Happened to a friend of mine for DUI's. But the cops only called him the next day.
    This dude may have had a lot more on his rap sheet.
    FJB

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Probably trying to buy a gun. Pics/nics came back flagged and vendor called the man.
    Happened to a friend of mine for DUI's. But the cops only called him the next day.
    This dude may have had a lot more on his rap sheet.
    The Vendor is not the one calling the Police, if PICS gets a hit on an open warrant the operator sees the flag and will dispatch PD for an arrest. If the PICS check is being done at an event like a show, the operator may come on the line and verify a location before sending the PD, but the one or two times I have seen this, local PD arrived before the call was ended by PICS to make sure that they get there. Last time I saw this was at a gun bash, so it was not at the shop address of the FFL holder. It was after business hours for the FFL and so the PICS operator was kind of stalling and asking to verify the location of the transaction. PD showed up with K9 and took the guy in. This was on a Saturday night, and he wasn't going to get in front of the Magistrate until Monday morning. They didn't say what his warrant was for, but after the fact found out that the guy had a child support hearing for a modification request from his ex, and he worked out of town and missed the hearing. Bench warrant was issued and that is what they caught in the PICS check.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    Apparently 3 folks robbed the show and fled in a vehicle with police in pursuit. They crashed into a tree in the trooper giant parking lot, and fled on foot. They haven't been caught yet.

A few hours, lower providence police issued a thing on facebook saying to steer clear of the area, suspects were still at large.
    Got a link to this?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    Got a link to this?
    https://m.facebook.com/545725238774617/

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    I didn't find anything on it there but Ian Rickard doesn't seem to like the po leece there.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo1VooDoo1 View Post
    The Vendor is not the one calling the Police, if PICS gets a hit on an open warrant the operator sees the flag and will dispatch PD for an arrest. If the PICS check is being done at an event like a show, the operator may come on the line and verify a location before sending the PD, but the one or two times I have seen this, local PD arrived before the call was ended by PICS to make sure that they get there. Last time I saw this was at a gun bash, so it was not at the shop address of the FFL holder. It was after business hours for the FFL and so the PICS operator was kind of stalling and asking to verify the location of the transaction. PD showed up with K9 and took the guy in. This was on a Saturday night, and he wasn't going to get in front of the Magistrate until Monday morning. They didn't say what his warrant was for, but after the fact found out that the guy had a child support hearing for a modification request from his ex, and he worked out of town and missed the hearing. Bench warrant was issued and that is what they caught in the PICS check.
    Child support? What a waste of resources.
    FJB

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast