Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Re: GOA Sues City of Philadelphia Over Illegal Executive Order Banning Guns in Parks

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    My take is Kenney is well aware of that by way of his legal department and is pushing the order anyhow in order to appear that he is getting tough and doing something.It may impress and fool some of the dumbasses who voted for him....leave it up to whomever to burn through a bundle of money in a lawsuit.
    They continuously do this knowing GOA and others have to spend precious donation money to keep up with lawsuits while the asshats in gov just use our taxes as an unlimited budget to "defend" their actions. It's another way of their death by 1000 cuts.
    -Brandon

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: GOA Sues City of Philadelphia Over Illegal Executive Order Banning Guns in Parks

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    They continuously do this knowing GOA and others have to spend precious donation money to keep up with lawsuits while the asshats in gov just use our taxes as an unlimited budget to "defend" their actions. It's another way of their death by 1000 cuts.
    Yep,I was kind of paraphrasing them with the last line in my post.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

I haven't seen the executive order, but EO's usually don't impose criminal penalties, not even the summary offenses that locals can impose.

So I'll remind everyone of the Erie case, and the footnote.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Also, when he gets spanked, it gives him the "moral high ground" of saying, "See, I am trying to prevent gun violence, but the state laws are preventing me from doing it. We need to change the laws."
    We certainly do. We got HB 979 to the Governor's desk this year and he vetoed the bill that would have ended these shenanigans.
    Val W. Finnell, MD, MPH | Pennsylvania Director, Gun Owners of America | 703-321-8585

(Cumberland County)

That's correct. There are no criminal penalties. They are treating it like a trespassing situation and trying the "private property" loophole.
    Val W. Finnell, MD, MPH | Pennsylvania Director, Gun Owners of America | 703-321-8585

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Thanks for the work and the update, Val. I'll chip in a little for the project. What we need is accountability for those assholes when they pull this shit.
    Thank you.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    How can they not expect a high profile lawsuit from this action? I suspect someone with time and money might just take a gun into a park to get arrested and get the ball rolling. It's obvious the city would lose the case.
    No one actually has to trespass. Our plaintiffs are LTCF holders who intend to carry in parks.

(Cumberland County)

Thanks for the replies.

Update: We filed for the emergency injunction tonight.

(Cumberland County)

I wish GOA's lawyers the very best of luck in this.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast