Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Question LTCF / PURCHASES AFTER PARDON

Is their any details or advice on moving forward I should prepare for.

I am fully pardoned and I did submit my application for expungement

Does anyone have experience or wisdom that they would like to share, personal experience or lawyers with advice if I were to get denied my LTCF or Firearm purchase.

I also did apply for my LTCF on Saturday ONLINE with my ID and Pardon Cert and Pardon paperwork that had my Case ID.
    Unsure of PICS is updated since I was pardoned a few weeks ago but the excitement of being “a free man” is causing a mixture of emotions of possible let down* hope* if that makes sense

(York County)

Default Re: LTCF / PURCHASES AFTER PARDON

(Montgomery County)

I have No experience in this area, but congrats and good luck going forward!

(Northampton County)

The one thing that I can tell you is pics is slow, doing the LTCF first was a smart play. don't be surprised if you fail your first PICs check, just get the challenge form from the dealer ,fill it out and submit it to the Pics with copies of your pardon and court docs. Pics will issue a reversal letter, which will have a case number attached to it. you will most likely need to take a copy of that letter to your transfers for a while.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Jefferson County)

Both, FBI and PSP, databases need updated after a pardon/expungement. ..both are pretty slow about it at times.

FBI really never deletes records, they only note them of a pardon or expungement.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

Does the legal definition of expungement and/or legal definition of pardon specifically endow the applicant with the ability to claim never having been charged or adjudicated?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Does the legal definition of expungement and/or legal definition of pardon specifically endow the applicant with the ability to claim never having been charged or adjudicated?
    It's about convictions. My understanding is, the G Pardon gives you the standing to petition the court to grant an expungement order to remove ALL records of your conviction. Once this happens, you are good to go. That's based on info from over 20 years ago. Things may be handled differently today.

Bob D

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    My attorney said a Pardon is akin to saying *it never happened* and the PSP and FBI are ((supposed)) to look at it as such. But we all know how that goes

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    The one thing that I can tell you is pics is slow, doing the LTCF first was a smart play. don't be surprised if you fail your first PICs check, just get the challenge form from the dealer ,fill it out and submit it to the Pics with copies of your pardon and court docs. Pics will issue a reversal letter, which will have a case number attached to it. you will most likely need to take a copy of that letter to your transfers for a while.
    That was my thought. I figured if I get denied for my LTCF, and buy a firearm* and that were to get denied I could get my appeal set up with PICS on my purchase with my pardon information. And after I get my reversal reApply for my LTCF with my reversal letter

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyFreedoms View Post
    My attorney said a Pardon is akin to saying *it never happened* and the PSP and FBI are ((supposed)) to look at it as such. But we all know how that goes
    Does your attorney indicate how the pardon information is conveyed to PSP, FBI and the Police department where the offense was committed? Did you obtain an expungement order from the court? Was it forwarded to those agencies so that they may comply?

Bob D

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast