Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Chester County)

Default Re: 😲COUPLE FINDS FULLY-AUTOMATIC M16S IN STORAGE CASES BOUGHT ONLINE

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Assuming the FA's were manufactured before 1986, why wouldn't the purchasers have the option of paying the tax stamp(s) or whatever required?
    If they weren't on the NFA list as being transferable prior to '86, it's too late to register them now. Same reason why if you find a $50k Thompson in grandpa's attic and it was never registered with the ATF, you're screwed. I'd bet that the M16's were stolen from the military by some kind of cartel or drug gang, put in temporary storage and somebody dropped the ball on delivery. Or died before they could tell anyone where they were. The bottom line though is they won't ever be transferable to civilians.

while i also have issue with the atf searching through their property.
    if the buyers had offered to let the atf inspect all the crates, as they willingly notified the atf of the find. the proper procedure would be to obtain a warrant to look through someone elses property. i'd say even if they had permission.

now, i'd not put it past the atf to obtain a warrant to search the couple's home and other properties, vehicles, the sellers warehouses and etc. on a hunt for anything else. or even try to without one.
    nor would i put it past the feds to cover their asses by trying to charge the couple or seller with crimes, while ignoring what was a failure on the part of the fed.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    This is either:

1.) A setup to make the FBI look good & the military bad

2.) Weapon smuggling gone wrong sending to the wrong person

What a joke, how the fuck do they think weapons get from point a to point b.

"It's unbelievable to think military-grade weapons would be shipped in containers across state lines. It's pretty shocking," Fremin said. "One of the strictest things we have in the military is weapons accountability. So these weapons are missing somewhere from a U.S. armory, and somebody doesn't know it. That's the scary thing about that for the U.S. military right now."
    Something along these lines crossed my mind. First thought is to keep them and keep quiet. But does some alphabet agency know they're out there, and maybe even where they are? It seems the likelihood of them being completely lost and untraceable and forgotten is slim, but I guess possible.

But let's say you keep them and no one knows. Then what? If someone hears that kind of rapid fire, there might be some investigating coming. Or what else? Start an illegal arms selling business? Right.

I don't know what I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    while i also have issue with the atf searching through their property.
    if the buyers had offered to let the atf inspect all the crates, as they willingly notified the atf of the find. the proper procedure would be to obtain a warrant to look through someone elses property. i'd say even if they had permission.

now, i'd not put it past the atf to obtain a warrant to search the couple's home and other properties, vehicles, the sellers warehouses and etc. on a hunt for anything else. or even try to without one.
    nor would i put it past the feds to cover their asses by trying to charge the couple or seller with crimes, while ignoring what was a failure on the part of the fed.
    During WW II, a group of English-speaking Germans were dropped on the eastern seaboard with cash and supplies to commit acts of sabotage. One of them changed his mind and went to the FBI to tell them everything. The Feds kicked him out, they didn't believe him. He came back with the stack of cash. THEN they believed him.

Hoover rounded up the saboteurs, INCLUDING the informant, and wanted them all tried and executed. Including the guy who told the FBI. The only reason the FBI caught them.

Yeah, the Feds have a history of either faking crimes, or taking credit for solving crimes where someone else did the legwork. The fake kidnapping of Whitmer is a recent example. The various special needs morons who are enticed to join foreign terrorist groups and then are arrested, other examples.

There are enough crimes going on that you'd think the Feds wouldn't have to create new one under controlled laboratory conditions, but it's just neater and easier to make your own than find them in the wild. Like growing farm trout instead of catching them one by one. Or breeding your own mosquitoes to swat in the tank, while ignoring the wild ones that are biting your family.

We're seeing a lot of warrant abuse by the Feds lately, mostly for political reasons. I'd expect a GOP majority to change the rules on when warrants may be issued, when SWAT teams can be used to arrest non-threatening suspects like the guy who allegedly pushed an abortion assistant away from the suspect's son, and 30 SWAT Feds swarmed his house, obviously for the purpose of terrorizing his family and to send a message to others who refuse to lick the boots of the Woke.

Getting a warrant to look at a location whose owners called the Feds in themselves, is hackery, unworthy of law enforcement professionals.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lehigh County)

When I was a kid there was a weekly radio show I listened to, The FBI In Peace And War, sponsored by Lava soap. L A V A, L A V A. I thought they were pretty good guys. Later there was a TV series starring Efrem Zimbalist Jr about it. I thought they were pretty good guys. Recently there have been several series about them, none of which I have bothered to watch. I think they're pretty bad guys.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    During WW II, a group of English-speaking Germans were dropped on the eastern seaboard with cash and supplies to commit acts of sabotage. One of them changed his mind and went to the FBI to tell them everything. The Feds kicked him out, they didn't believe him. He came back with the stack of cash. THEN they believed him.

Hoover rounded up the saboteurs, INCLUDING the informant, and wanted them all tried and executed. Including the guy who told the FBI. The only reason the FBI caught them.

Yeah, the Feds have a history of either faking crimes, or taking credit for solving crimes where someone else did the legwork. The fake kidnapping of Whitmer is a recent example. The various special needs morons who are enticed to join foreign terrorist groups and then are arrested, other examples.

There are enough crimes going on that you'd think the Feds wouldn't have to create new one under controlled laboratory conditions, but it's just neater and easier to make your own than find them in the wild. Like growing farm trout instead of catching them one by one. Or breeding your own mosquitoes to swat in the tank, while ignoring the wild ones that are biting your family.

We're seeing a lot of warrant abuse by the Feds lately, mostly for political reasons. I'd expect a GOP majority to change the rules on when warrants may be issued, when SWAT teams can be used to arrest non-threatening suspects like the guy who allegedly pushed an abortion assistant away from the suspect's son, and 30 SWAT Feds swarmed his house, obviously for the purpose of terrorizing his family and to send a message to others who refuse to lick the boots of the Woke.

Getting a warrant to look at a location whose owners called the Feds in themselves, is hackery, unworthy of law enforcement professionals.
    always informative.

every story I hear, more and more am I surprised we arent seeing more resistance IE standoffs.
    also you're entirely right, it is far easier to control the variables when you farm the event as opposed to finding something wild and trying to shoehorn it in.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123