Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Colt 6920, still the gold standard?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    You know I even agree with you here, just didn't understand shitting on the guy whether hes a fed or not lol
    Well thanks I appreciate it. Just post up some examples and reasons why, not you in particular. I*m all ears.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Colt 6920, still the gold standard?

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    The 6920 is the gold standard in it*s class for resale value.

Yes, you are correct on this. A manufacturers AR, or any Firearm will always collect a higher resale value. Colt, definitely more so than Aero, and Knights Armament, LWRC, etc., more so than Colt. However, firearms are a very bad resale investment as a whole; regardless of the Manufacturer! And while in my younger years I purchased & sold many guns to get the necessary funds for the next firearm I wanted…I have grown from & no longer do that. At this point in my life I have drastically simplified my firearms. I’m a simple man now, and have only a small handful, in a very few different calibers. My AR’s, my 1911’s, my carry gun & my Bench rifle. I no longer invest in firearms I won’t want down the road. Anything I decide to build, stays with me for the long haul.

But yes, if you are a collector, want every new gun/caliber released or just have a short attention span… then yes, resale will always be higher on the more well known makers. Still CRAPPY resale… but better.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234