Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default PA LTC - Good in all 50 states?

I got an email from an officer at my local gun club stating or implying that my PA LTC is now good in all 50 states, including the adjoining state of Maryland. I'm a bit skeptical of that.

Does anyone have a FACTUAL (no opinions, just hard facts) explanation of whether my PA LTC is good in other states, particularly including Maryland?

Thanks

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: PA LTC - Good in all 50 states?

I think it would have five or more new threads about it by now

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gunsrfun1 View Post
    I got an email from an officer at my local gun club stating or implying that my PA LTC is now good in all 50 states, including the adjoining state of Maryland. I'm a bit skeptical of that.

Does anyone have a FACTUAL (no opinions, just hard facts) explanation of whether my PA LTC is good in other states, particularly including Maryland?

Thanks
    No chance of that happening right now.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Thanks
    No chance of that happening right now.

(York County)

Thanks Walleye. After I posted I found this link:
    https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/res...ciprocity_map/

As you say, Maryland does NOT recognize my PA LTC. I figured as much but wanted to be sure.

(Franklin County)

Thanks
    I'd be curious to see the exact language used. That's not even close to the truth.

PA is fairly widely recognized, but considering that half of the country is now constitutional carry, for practical purposes, "PA covers x states" doesn't mean as much as it used to.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Can you post a link or screenshot to the claim that it's good in all 50 states?

(Bucks County)

Hover the pointer over the gun club sender. Betcha some gibberish comes up.

I've been getting email saying it contains photos and asking if I can identify the people. It appears to be sent by a person I know. However, hovering over his name discloses the real sender...a typical combination of letters and numerals
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(York County)

No, it wasn't gibberish or spam. And honestly, the way he worded it may have been a bit awkward, which is what prompted me to ask this question. But it was not intentional on his part.

Here is what he wrote, including a link to a video that I have not watched. The second sentence is what threw me off:

If you don't know about the Bruen case, it's pretty simple, if you can pass a background check, you can now get a concealed carry license in all 50 states - yes, even MD, NY, CA, NJ. So all you PA residents can finally carry in MD!!! And all the MD residents can get their permits and then apply in PA and be FREE in both states!!! It's monumental. If you'd like to learn more about it, I'd suggest listening to Andrew Branca, the author of "Law of Self-Defense" explain it on his YouTube channel. It's 2-hours long, but he breaks the decision down very well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHefXgxxsBs&t=223s

(Berks County)

No, it wasn't gibberish or spam. And honestly, the way he worded it may have been a bit awkward, which is what prompted me to ask this question. But it was not intentional on his part.

Here is what he wrote, including a link to a video that I have not watched. The second sentence is what threw me off:

If you don't know about the Bruen case, it's pretty simple, if you can pass a background check, you can now get a concealed carry license in all 50 states - yes, even MD, NY, CA, NJ. So all you PA residents can finally carry in MD!!! And all the MD residents can get their permits and then apply in PA and be FREE in both states!!! It's monumental. If you'd like to learn more about it, I'd suggest listening to Andrew Branca, the author of "Law of Self-Defense" explain it on his YouTube channel. It's 2-hours long, but he breaks the decision down very well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHefXgxxsBs&t=223s
    I don't know how you got what you seem to have gotten from his statement. I'd say that technically, he may be correct but he does not say that your PA LTCF is good nationwide.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast