Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Law banning felony indictments from buying guns is unconstitutional

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Would this apply to PFAs too, until they're heard and either granted or denied?
    Nope.

18 USC §922(g)

(8) who is subject to a court order that-

(A) was issued after a hearing of which such person received actual notice, and at which such person had an opportunity to participate;

(B) restrains such person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner of such person or child of such intimate partner or person, or engaging in other conduct that would place an intimate partner in reasonable fear of bodily injury to the partner or child; and

(C)(i) includes a finding that such person represents a credible threat to the physical safety of such intimate partner or child; or

(ii) by its terms explicitly prohibits the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force against such intimate partner or child that would reasonably be expected to cause bodily injury;
    IANAL

(Berks County)

Would this apply to PFAs too, until they're heard and either granted or denied?
    The judge decides one is guilty when he issues the PFA.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    The judge decides one is guilty when he issues the PFA.
    Temporary PFAs are issued almost on request and a hearing is scheduled. At the hearing, the PFA is either approved or denied. I believe that the accused is considered guilty until proven otherwise.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

I have a hard time focusing on all the words and legal mumbo jumbo.

I find it easier to concentrate this way...

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

No need to worry , just keep your dumb ass out of jail.

(Berks County)

Temporary PFAs are issued almost on request and a hearing is scheduled. At the hearing, the PFA is either approved or denied. I believe that the accused is considered guilty until proven otherwise.
    I knew they were initially 'automatic' but wasn't completely sure of the process. I'd be curious to know what percentage of PFA requests/initial issuances are rejected. I'd wager it's very low.

I ea guy that was dating a girl. He was in the process of moving from his house after a divorce and wanted to get rid of some lawn furniture. The girl said she really liked it. As what I thought was a nice gesture, he asks for my help with my truck and we load it up and take it to her place. She looks kind of odd. The next day he gets informed she requested a PFA against him. She said he was stalking her. WTF? It was denied (I guess at the hearing), but, WTF?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I knew they were initially 'automatic' but wasn't completely sure of the process. I'd be curious to know what percentage of PFA requests/initial issuances are rejected. I'd wager it's very low.

I ea guy that was dating a girl. He was in the process of moving from his house after a divorce and wanted to get rid of some lawn furniture. The girl said she really liked it. As what I thought was a nice gesture, he asks for my help with my truck and we load it up and take it to her place. She looks kind of odd. The next day he gets informed she requested a PFA against him. She said he was stalking her. WTF? It was denied (I guess at the hearing), but, WTF?
    Speculation and conjecture are...well...just speculation and conjecture. I'll bet that you haven't watched much Judge Judy.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I have a hard time focusing on all the words and legal mumbo jumbo.

I find it easier to concentrate this way...

That worked for me too! Thanks.

(Washington County)

https://storage.courtlistener.com/re...65328.82.0.pdf

It's a good read, incredibly educational on the history of gun laws in US, really recommend you take the time to read the ruling.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Berks County)

Is this really that big of a win? How many people does it affect? Does it have other implications?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast