Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Happy 9/19

Default Happy 9/19

9x19 isn't my favorite round but it's pretty versatile.
    Last edited by JaySmith; September 28th, 2022 at 01:58 AM.

Default Re: Happy 9/19

You've got 2 SCCYs? I only made that mistake once

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    You've got 2 SCCYs? I only made that mistake once
    I have had no problems running them. They go bang every time. And out to 10 yards they're pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    I have had no problems running them. They go bang every time. And out to 10 yards they're pretty accurate.
    I just had to rag on you, don't take it personally. Mine's been nothing but trouble. But I bought it used. I still like the sights, size, and the aesthetics, almost channels a modern CZ52 with the angles.

When did you buy yours? I bought mine (used) in late 2017. Just curious if possibly the quality has improved, I like buying American where possible.

(Lehigh County)

You'll shoot your eye out 🍻

I just had to rag on you, don't take it personally. Mine's been nothing but trouble. But I bought it used. I still like the sights, size, and the aesthetics, almost channels a modern CZ52 with the angles.

When did you buy yours? I bought mine (used) in late 2017. Just curious if possibly the quality has improved, I like buying American where possible.
    I'm thinking mid 2020. When shit got weird. Wife wanted a purse gun so I picked up the pair, his and hers, for about $350 total. I knew she'd never actually carry a gun but she wanted one so I'm happy to oblige. What trouble did you have with yours? I expected failure to feed when nearing the end of the mag, but surprisingly, no. It'll fire 10 rounds, and new mag, fire 10 rounds again, every time.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    I'm thinking mid 2020. When shit got weird. Wife wanted a purse gun so I picked up the pair, his and hers, for about $350 total. I knew she'd never actually carry a gun but she wanted one so I'm happy to oblige. What trouble did you have with yours? I expected failure to feed when nearing the end of the mag, but surprisingly, no. It'll fire 10 rounds, and new mag, fire 10 rounds again, every time.
    Firing pin was broken first time I took it to the range, which was very shortly after purchasing. I was also annoyed by their policy of not selling parts. I called SCCY up about ordering a pin, and they wouldn't do it. So I had to reassemble the slide and jump through the hoops of sending it back in. A couple of months ago I started having this weird trigger problem where you get to the end of the God-awful trigger pull and then the striker won't fall. Seems to happen more often if I pull the trigger to slowly. I have to look into that...

Since you bought yours over two years after mine (and since mine was used, I have no idea when it was originally sold), I imagine yours is an updated / improved production. Or I just got one that was totally beat to poop. Or a lemon. It's funny, cause I have the version with the external safety, and everyone complains that the molding/ "wings" that cover it bites into their hand. That's the one thing I never had an issue with.

(Philadelphia County)

I had one of those (external safety) and it was annoying. Other than that it ran fine. Traded for a Ruger Max-9.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post
    You'll shoot your eye out *
    Did you spell "lungs" wrong?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Firing pin was broken first time I took it to the range, which was very shortly after purchasing. I was also annoyed by their policy of not selling parts. I called SCCY up about ordering a pin, and they wouldn't do it. So I had to reassemble the slide and jump through the hoops of sending it back in. A couple of months ago I started having this weird trigger problem where you get to the end of the God-awful trigger pull and then the striker won't fall. Seems to happen more often if I pull the trigger to slowly. I have to look into that...

Since you bought yours over two years after mine (and since mine was used, I have no idea when it was originally sold), I imagine yours is an updated / improved production. Or I just got one that was totally beat to poop. Or a lemon. It's funny, cause I have the version with the external safety, and everyone complains that the molding/ "wings" that cover it bites into their hand. That's the one thing I never had an issue with.
    That's a bummer that you had issues like that. Probably 200 rounds through each and no issues. No safety as well on the cpx2, only the cpx1 had the safety. I have one by the back door for racoons and other critters that need dealt with, it's small and light, I can pocket it without issue.

From what I read, the hammer is in a position where falling isn't enough to set off the primer after the gun is racked, it's only half cocked. The trigger pull pulls the hammer the rest of the way back until it falls and that is something i like.