Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Non Resident LTCF from Norfolk VA.

My nephew is stationed in Norfolk, VA. Comes up to PA often to visit and just to get away from the daily grind. He is license to carry with VA. However PA doesn’t recognize his permit. I’m in Lancaster County. Is there any friendly counties to non residents who will issue ltcf? I’ve looked at the list and a lot of those counties are outdated. Most won’t even issue to non residents anymore.
    2A kind of guy

(Berks County)

Default Re: Non Resident LTCF from Norfolk VA.

I would call Lancaster County Sheriff and see what they say. Berks used to be as easy as it gets before the deadly chirus. Nowadays, I don't know, give them a call too. Their outlet at the Reading Airport was painless.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Every county is required by law to accept and process LTCF applications regardless of whether the applicant is a resident of the state. Any county that doesn't is in violation of the law and should be sued into compliance.

Unfortunately, for non-residents, it is easier to find another county. I refused to take the easy route, contacted GunLawyer, and had my LTCF in hand two weeks later. Until more people do the same, counties will continue violating the law at will without repercussions.

(Lancaster County)

Follow up on what I found. I only referenced the website for the Sheriff per the Counties. I didn't call Berks cause the website says they will not process Out of State/non resident Applications. I did call the Lancaster Sheriff and was told the Sheriff has stopped all Non resident ltcf applications. Was told to contact York County Sheriff. I also asked the Sheriff's office about having my nephew run around the whole entire state to look for a County that will process the application and he said yes. Seems like they don't really care. Maybe a fresh lawsuit will remind them their here to serve us and not the other way around. Besides they're the ones making it more complicated than it has to be.
    2A kind of guy

(Jefferson County)

The following counties are known to be friendly. Erie, Crawford, Mercer, Venango, Jefferson, McKean, Centre, Lackawanna, Somerset, and Delaware.

Those are from dealing with non-resident experiences via PAFOA's Contact page when they've asked for friendly counties and have reported back as positive.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Delaware County)

Delco is still processing out of state LTCF. My brother in law just picked his up.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Lancaster County)

Thanks fellas. I relayed the info over to my nephew. He may have to make another trip back up as taking days off randomly isn't that easy while serving.
    2A kind of guy