Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: MKE AP5-P review

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    I may pick up the AP5 while the prices are what they are.

https://atlanticfirearms.com/century-ap5-core-HG6034A-N
    I like the slim handguard on that one.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

Given the price of the AP5, I'd say it's worth the 'gamble.' Again, most reviews are positive, and even if your gun needs work, you'll still be ahead economically. It seems the issues I've read about concerning the AP5's are extraction issues. Replacing the spring with an HK spring seems to solve the problem.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Given the price of the AP5, I'd say it's worth the 'gamble.' Again, most reviews are positive, and even if your gun needs work, you'll still be ahead economically. It seems the issues I've read about concerning the AP5's are extraction issues. Replacing the spring with an HK spring seems to solve the problem.
    Absolutely, if you*ve ever wanted a MP5 clone there*s no better time with current prices. I also bought some extra MKE mags and they also are well made and work, they*re half the price as well. I will be getting some HK mags for it as well but will use the MKE mostly. These can also be upgraded with HK springs.

(Berks County)

Absolutely, if you*ve ever wanted a MP5 clone there*s no better time with current prices. I also bought some extra MKE mags and they also are well made and work, they*re half the price as well. I will be getting some HK mags for it as well but will use the MKE mostly. These can also be upgraded with HK springs.
    I had and MKE (Zenith import) full size and it was a jam-o-matic out of the box. One trip back to Zenith and it ran perfectly. Everyone was saying the POF mags were the best value at that time, but I bought 8 and 2 would not lock in the MKE or in the SP5 I later acquired. YMMV.

If you keep an eye out, you can find HK mags for about $60-$65.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I had and MKE (Zenith import) full size and it was a jam-o-matic out of the box. One trip back to Zenith and it ran perfectly. Everyone was saying the POF mags were the best value at that time, but I bought 8 and 2 would not lock in the MKE or in the SP5 I later acquired. YMMV.

If you keep an eye out, you can find HK mags for about $60-$65.
    I hear the best mag value is KCI but I get the mke mags for about 44.00 and they work and are very nice mags. I*m keeping my eye out for some HK mags currently. Best price I*ve seen so far was 79.00.

(Berks County)

I hear the best mag value is KCI but I get the mke mags for about 44.00 and they work and are very nice mags. I*m keeping my eye out for some HK mags currently. Best price I*ve seen so far was 79.00.
    If you're not already on HKPro Forum, check that out. There's a seller over there that has HK mags for around $65 periodically. There's a lot of knowledge there also.

(Bucks County)

Been in the market for a MP5k type gun for a while, really wanted to go with the HK but after checking out the MKE and doing some research I decided on the MKE for less than half the Price.

The MKE*s are a licensed copy and made on HK equipment in Turkey. They are a high quality firearm, fit, finish etc is excellent. Majority of HK parts are interchangeable as well.

First range trip was the day I picked it up, fired a variety of ammo from 115-147 without a hiccup, following day I filed the form 1 and when approval comes back I*ll be getting a HK PDW side folder.

If you*re on the fence about wanting a MP5 the MKE is a great option that won*t break the bank, and right now the prices aren*t bad, they came down where as HK has gone up.

I*ll post more pics and updates as I shoot it more.

Pardon my ignorance, why do you need a form 1? I can only think a folding stock, not a brace?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPA View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, why do you need a form 1? I can only think a folding stock, not a brace?
    Folding stock and vertical grip.

(Allegheny County)

Went to the range again and put another couple hundred rnds through it of 115 Remington fmj, zero hiccups. So far been impressed and asking myself what took so long to get into this platform. I foresee my AR 9mm’s taking a back seat to this once my form 1 gets approved. Here’s a pic after the range session, really simple to breakdown as well.

(Berks County)

Went to the range again and put another couple hundred rnds through it of 115 Remington fmj, zero hiccups. So far been impressed and asking myself what took so long to get into this platform. I foresee my AR 9mm*s taking a back seat to this once my form 1 gets approved. Here*s a pic after the range session, really simple to breakdown as well.

C'mon man, that trigger pack is still together.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast