Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default I think I got lucky with a Bear Creek upper in 450 Bushmaster

I went cheap well aware of the many reports of bad qc. I have 20 rds through my 450 upper with no problems. That isn't a large sample set but it's a start. I zeroed at 50 yds today, and it is a nice group. Just got my dies and bullets today so I'll try to mimic the load for Hornady Black that worked so well today. I also have my Kalikey which will allow me to hunt with my AR since it converts the AR to a bolt action. I confirmed with a state game warden that Pa has ok'd the use of the kalikey.

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: I think I got lucky with a Bear Creek upper in 450 Bushmaster

Honestly, I think BCA gets a bad wrap. Are they great? No. But if you test and check they're stuff, it's 'ok' for a good price.

Sorta like people who shit on Taurus. There have been issues in the past, they are still a value offering, but their modern offerings are usually ok.

I didn*t realize my BCA gas key wasn*t tight or staked until after about 50 rounds. Not the worse thing
    That could have been wrong and easy to fix, but don*t break out the champagne prematurely
    SigGendered

(Bucks County)

I have put together a BCA .22 magnum, and a .22 LR*. I couldn*t be happier*. They both run great and shoot well! I had an issue
    Running a drop in match trigger* which the magnum didn*t like*. But when I went back to a milspec*. It runs fine! I would say BCA uppers are a hell or a value*. I am not sure about their centerfire uppers*. But just saw they have a 6.5 Creedmoor AR-10 upper for
    Under $300*. I May spring for it and drop it on my 7.62 POF*. What is not to love!
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

(Allegheny County)

The have a LOT of unusual chamberings that have been released fairly recently.

Every time I think about starting a thread to highlight it, I realize that this is not the pafoa it used to be - nobody cares about guns any more.
    That and it would just be a whole lot of "Thems junk gunz!" and a total waste of time.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lawrence County)

I like guns. I like Bear Creek Arsenal... lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Franklin County)

My take on them is this. Their rifles are generally crap. I have seen it myself personally. You can spend slightly more and get a Palmetto State Armory rifle that is proven and will run great. It amazes me how people will sacrifice reliability and quality to save a few dollars. Can't afford it? Wait a couple weeks and save!

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzy4200 View Post
    My take on them is this. Their rifles are generally crap. I have seen it myself personally. You can spend slightly more and get a Palmetto State Armory rifle that is proven and will run great. It amazes me how people will sacrifice reliability and quality to save a few dollars. Can't afford it? Wait a couple weeks and save!
    I've never had anything from BCA but palmetto is my go to for cheap parts and I've never had an issue with anything from them. I'd probably stick with them, just because of that myself.

(Allegheny County)

I'm probably one of the more broke-assed mofos on this forum and I have yet to buy anything from BCA.
    I have considered it (uppers), but nothing yet.
    I buy my stuff one piece at a time and try to be selective about the parts I buy. Nothing high end, but nothing of questionable origin either - mostly.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

I just Form one*d my PSA Jakl (poor man*s SCAR!), and really love it*. But I am a 6.5 Grendel fanboy*.and I am seriously thinking about trying one of BCA*s pistol uppers since PSA dosent offer one in the Grendel*. The quality of the .22 and .22 magnums I built were great*.
    Not top end* but they shoot reliably and accurate*. I have no complaints.
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast