Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Burgular faces business end of gun

Alleged burglar faces business end of shotgun in Jackson Twp.

By MARTA GOUGER
    Online Managing Editor
    November 14, 2008

REEDERS — Dean Woodling was just going to stop by his father's place in Reeders to get a burn barrel Wednesday afternoon.

When he pulled into Harold Woodling's property, off Route 715 north of Reeders Run Road, around 2:45 p.m., he realized someone was robbing the barn.

"I saw the guy was down behind the barn loading stuff in the truck," said Woodling, a Jackson Township resident. "I jumped out with the shotgun as he was coming out of the barn. He was quite surprised."

State police charged that Christopher Alan Kleinschmidt, 29, of Stroudsburg, was seen removing brake rotors, truck parts, truck axles, truck bumpers and other metals from the barn and loading them into his pickup truck.

Woodling, a hunter, said he had the shotgun with him because it was small-game season. He said he held the 12-gauge shotgun, loaded with buckshot, on the alleged thief and told him to get to the ground. He held the man until state police from Fern Ridge arrived, which he said didn't take very long at all.

"When I called I told them I had 2 pounds of pressure on a 3-pound trigger, and they might want to get someone down here before one of us sneezed," said Woodling, 47.

While waiting for the police, Wood-ling said he kept the man on the ground. "He was not expecting this. To say he was scared was an understatement."

Woodling though, said he wasn't scared. He had the gun. "I wasn't scared a bit. What's there to be afraid of?" he said.

The police came and arrested Kleinschmidt and took pictures of the scene.

Kleinschmidt, who had recently been hired as a certified technician at Best Auto Service Center on Route 611 in Tannersville, is in the Monroe County Correctional Facility.

Harold Woodling, Dean's father, wasn't home at the time. After the incident, Woodling called his father, who met him at the property.

The police report originally named Dean Woodling's son as the one who held the gun, but Woodling called the Pocono Record to say it was he, not his son, who actually held the gun. His son came to the scene later.

Woodling, Paradise Township sewage enforcement officer and a self-employed excavator, said he has a concealed weapons permit and always carries a gun. "The way the world is, it's like American Express. I never leave home without it," Woodling said. "Police cannot be everywhere all the time."

Record writer Beth Brelje contributed to this report.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Burgular faces business end of gun

"When I called I told them I had 2 pounds of pressure on a 3-pound trigger, and they might want to get someone down here before one of us sneezed," said Woodling, 47.

While waiting for the police, Wood-ling said he kept the man on the ground. "He was not expecting this. To say he was scared was an understatement."

Woodling though, said he wasn't scared. He had the gun. "I wasn't scared a bit. What's there to be afraid of?" he said.

Woodling, Paradise Township sewage enforcement officer and a self-employed excavator, said he has a concealed weapons permit and always carries a gun. "The way the world is, it's like American Express. I never leave home without it," Woodling said. "Police cannot be everywhere all the time."

I could not have said it better myself.

Need to show this to anyone still waffling about carry a firearm.

(Philadelphia County)

What a moron.

I thought the proper quote should be...

"YES, I was scared for my life. I'm just glad I didn't have to end the criminal's life to preserve mine".

But thats just me....
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Monroe County)

Already a lengthy thread for this. dont have the link.