Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Kel-Tec P50

Hybrid View

(Cumberland County)

Default Kel-Tec P50

They are giving them away pretty much - several sellers at cost - $686-$699. Anyone own one? Any thoughts. I thought about one a while back but then figured just a novelty and for $1,000+. But at $686?????

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: Kel-Tec P50

Closer to 5 I'd probably jump on one. I suspect the high price of 5.7 ammo and the lack of an easy way to put on a brace are what's hurting it, plus having to basically take it apart to change mags.

(Cumberland County)

I was thinking of waiting to go lower but they are selling fast. Don't think they'll last. But is it worth it. I have a few 5.7x28's and some ammo but..................we shall see. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Closer to 5 I'd probably jump on one. I suspect the high price of 5.7 ammo and the lack of an easy way to put on a brace are what's hurting it, plus having to basically take it apart to change mags.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Cumberland County)

There you go, $800 with brace - lol.

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Cumberland County)

I have one w/o brace in my cart at final step of "purchase now". $715 total out the door. Someone stop me!!! Call my wife!!!! Intervention!!!!!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

I have one. Only paid a little less than the one you have in your cart. Had to send it back to Kel Tec because it was tearing the case necks off brass and jamming them into the chamber. And because someone at KT decided it would be a good idea to let the gun fire without the bolt being completely closed, I had an out of battery detonation that damaged the bolt and charging handle. Kel Tec replaced the innards of the upper with all new parts - 2nd gen parts - parts that should have been in the gun from day one. The gun has been reliable since. But, where I was originally planning to SBR it, I've decided to run another 1k rounds through it before I decide if I want to keep it or sell it. Without a stock or brace it's a fun range toy and nothing more. But with ammo being what it is price-wise, I'd rather put that through one of my other, more trustworthy, 5.7x28 guns. So it will be a while before the P50 sees more rounds.

Oh, and before you think that my issue was a one off, the P50 groups are rife with people having the same issue. Some even had their guns blow up because of it.