Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: been a while

(Dauphin County)

Default been a while

since i have had the chance to go anywhere and actually "be seen" OC'ing

basically i have no life and go to work and home !!

i have been carrying my Taurus 66 .357 Mag lately

today my son and a friend of mine went out looking for some weaponry , i've been wanting a new pistol and was looking for a rifle also.. we went to 2 different gun shops and a meat market..

Keefer's in pine grove, walked in and got a couple of looks from a few people but nothing was said, even spoke to the owner for a while about different guns and about how many he has sold lately. next we drove out to Dixon's black powder in Krumsville, my first time there also and all i can say is WOW !!! if you are into black powder or mountain man stuff this is the place to go!!

guys behind the counter checked me out but again nothing was said, asked where Dietrics meats was and headed out...

went to Dietrics bought some summer bologna and could tell the one younger girl behind the counter was concerned but again nothing was said i was polite as i always try to be, joking around with the one woman who had to be in her 70's as she checke dme out we flirted a bit and left.
    on a whole a nice day of gun shopping and spending time with my son and my friend...

only thing i got was 2 boxes of hollow point ammo for the .357
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Indiana County)

Default Re: been a while

i've been wanting a new pistol and was looking for a rifle also.. we went to 2 different gun shops and a meat market..
    Why would you go to a meat market to purchase a pistol or a rifle? A gun shop I can understand, but a meat market?

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT View Post
    ... next we drove out to Dixon's black powder in Krumsville, my first time there also and all i can say is WOW !!! if you are into black powder or mountain man stuff this is the place to go!!
    When you were at Dixon's, you were less than 10 miles from me! It's too bad we didn't know you were coming. You all could have expended some ammo with us. Mikey and I were out at the range teaching the new guy how to shoot.

Dixon's is some place, isn't it? One of these days I want to build myself a Pa long rifle. At the rate I am going, I will be as old as one of the original ones built before I get the time. But I have this image of hanging one over the fireplace along with my AR - sort of like the logo here, but not crossed.

(Dauphin County)

wish i would have known Pennsy ...

Statkowski lol we stopped at the meat market for some bologna lmao

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT View Post
    wish i would have known Pennsy ...

Statkowski lol we stopped at the meat market for some bologna lmao

Pennsy should understand that you were starving......

(Dauphin County)

lol my son chose the summer bolgna, i dont care for it much too salty for me, but still a nice flavor, they got anything you coudl thnk of in that place as far as food goes lol... bit pricey but good