Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default 💰 Cashing in on ATV riders

🤔 A borough in Schuylkill County wants to pass an ordinance to bring more ATV riders into town.

SCHUYLKILL COUNTY, Pa. — More off-road traffic could be coming to Minersville.

The Borough council is set to vote on a new ATV ordinance that will allow riders to travel into downtown from the nearby Reading Outdoors ATV park.

Minersville Police Chief Michael Combs says it's a cost-effective way for more people to enjoy the area.

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/lo...9-66484eb79a06

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: 💰 Cashing in on ATV riders

I was just up this way.

Can we ship up the Philadelphia street ATV riders ?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I was just up this way.

They wouldnt ride if it was legal.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    They wouldnt ride if it was legal.
    It's racist to pull over BIPOCs riding ATVs illegally in the city.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Northumberland County)

On the whole, I have no issue with it. Shamokin finally went this direction a year or two ago, and it is absolutely good for business. I'd bet it's getting several restaurants each several thousand dollars a year in increased sales, at minimum. And at basically no cost.

A lot of the locals bitch and moan about it, but I think it's more habitual than based in fact honestly. Those who dont follow the rules are usually the locals anyway. Have yet to see a tourist raising hell.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I was just up this way.

Give it a shot, those Skooks might just put them in their place.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Tioga County)

Up in Northern New Hampshire and Maine I've seen the ATV thing is very popular. Yes one can argue it brings in business to rural areas and all. However what I noticed is a lot of these people are riding on roads and not following road rules(where have we seen that before, oh yes the lycra bicycle crowd) and they track dirt and noise everywhere. I can remember a few towns in Maine and NH with a lot of this activity and it looked like someone had blasted a dust cannon all over town.

Up here they are working on setting up a system of trails for ATVs. On one hand, I can see why some would want it, on the other hand people living on what was a rural quiet road, now turned into a mess with dust, noise and goofballs from Jersey ripping past your house.

I've seen both sides of the issue with a race track I am involved in overseas, mitigating sound and other issues for local residents. I'm less sympathetic when someone moves into an area with existing things going on that are known. More sympathetic to people when others bring a disturbance to your area with no compensation or benefit or concern to you.

(Clearfield County)

Its a thing up here, every holiday weekend you'll see convoys of 4 wheelers and side by sides going around to the local bars. Somehow we haven't plunged into anarchy.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Up in Northern New Hampshire and Maine I've seen the ATV thing is very popular. Yes one can argue it brings in business to rural areas and all. However what I noticed is a lot of these people are riding on roads and not following road rules(where have we seen that before, oh yes the lycra bicycle crowd) and they track dirt and noise everywhere. I can remember a few towns in Maine and NH with a lot of this activity and it looked like someone had blasted a dust cannon all over town.

Up here they are working on setting up a system of trails for ATVs. On one hand, I can see why some would want it, on the other hand people living on what was a rural quiet road, now turned into a mess with dust, noise and goofballs from Jersey ripping past your house.

I've seen both sides of the issue with a race track I am involved in overseas, mitigating sound and other issues for local residents. I'm less sympathetic when someone moves into an area with existing things going on that are known. More sympathetic to people when others bring a disturbance to your area with no compensation or benefit or concern to you.

^^^This happened at our place in Potter Co when ATVers started riding the dirt road in front of our place. There would be a convoy of them zooming up and down the road and of course the prevailing wind brought the dust to us.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by lager1829 View Post
    ^^^This happened at our place in Potter Co when ATVers started riding the dirt road in front of our place. There would be a convoy of them zooming up and down the road and of course the prevailing wind brought the dust to us.
    Well it looks like Potter Co is gonna be ground zero for this 300 miles of trails they are proposing. Looks like along with rail trail extensions here they looking to turn this into a big recreation area and well, part of the reason a lot of people live here is to get away from crazy city folk, not have them flooding your area and turning it into the city.

Kinda of like I have found with hunters and motorcyclists in regards to private property. They wanna play but don't wanna pay. In other words they are happy to use your land, which they don't pay for or maintain, and then leave trash behind, break safety rules, trespass, tear up trails/roads built at your expense, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast