Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Light On gun

(Westmoreland County)

Default Light On gun

How realistic is it to have a pistol light on a CCW gun? One problem is that neither of my carry guns have rails (I carry a HiPower or a Sig 938). Even if I would get a gun w/ a rail, I am thinking that the entire package would be too bulky and a good holster would be very difficult to find. At the same time, as I get older, it is harder for me to see the sights even in good light and in bad light I'd be down to looking down the top of the slide.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Light On gun

Very possible. P365 or XL with TLR7-sub.

The TLR7-sub is your ticket. Still smaller package than a hi power.

(Lackawanna County)

I do it. Shadow systems mr920. Surefite x300u.

(Montgomery County)

In my humble opinion, if you have a light on your defense gun that you carry you will still need to carry a handheld light. Why? Because you should not need to point your gun at anything you want to illuminate. I would suggest carrying a handheld light only and taking a class and practicing with using a hand held light with your carry pistol.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

How often do you travel at night? For me, it's nearly never, so i had a hard time justifying a light on my ccw gun. The few times I do I have a separate small light in my pocket.

Here is my setup with my FN509 Compact with a Streamlight TLR-1. It's really no more bulky than if someone was carrying a spare magazine. To be fair I don't carry this one much in the summer months but is normally my go to carry for fall/winter when I'm normally wearing sweatshirts.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    In my humble opinion, if you have a light on your defense gun that you carry you will still need to carry a handheld light. Why? Because you should not need to point your gun at anything you want to illuminate. I would suggest carrying a handheld light only and taking a class and practicing with using a hand held light with your carry pistol.
    ^ Great post.

I don't go out after dark- problem solved ;-)

Then again I can't see my sights in broad daylight without my readers on.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    Having a handheld light is a good idea for general use, but there is enough flood on any good weapon mounted light that you should be able to illuminate a whole room while keeping the gun pointed in a safe direction. I prefer having both options, but a WML isn't the safety concern people make it out to be when employed correctly.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    Having a handheld light is a good idea for general use, but there is enough flood on any good weapon mounted light that you should be able to illuminate a whole room while keeping the gun pointed in a safe direction. I prefer having both options, but a WML isn't the safety concern people make it out to be when employed correctly.

BUT... BUT... BUT... IT WILL MAKE YOU AT TARGET AND YOU WILL GET SHOTED!!!

LOL!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Wyoming County)

Just published 16 hrs ago

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast