Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: My AK Guy

(Cumberland County)

Default My AK Guy

My guy that made a few AK's for me a while back is making some again (Mr. AK as he's known by many down in FLA and beyond - lol) His issue has been cost/availablility of parts kits over the past couple years. He recently got a deal on some new Century AK's and used them vs. starting from scratch to do his magic. His work is excellent and turns heads at the shop and range. What he did to the new stock rifle:

* refinished with his baked-on gun coat finish.
    * replaced furniture with wood and his own Russian Red formula
    * replaced fire control set with G2 set
    * Added a magpul magazine which he says works best in it
    * replaced grip with a magpul softgrip
    * replaced muzzle brake with his favorite brake. including standard brake in box
    * added Russian sling

I'm a sucker for his builds. Have a couple of his 47's and 74's in both fixed and under folder. Great guns! And all are super price!

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: My AK Guy

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    My guy that made a few AK's for me a while back is making some again (Mr. AK as he's known by many down in FLA and beyond - lol) His issue has been cost/availablility of parts kits over the past couple years. He recently got a deal on some new Century AK's and used them vs. starting from scratch to do his magic. His work is excellent and turns heads at the shop and range. What he did to the new stock rifle:

* refinished with his baked-on gun coat finish.
    * replaced furniture with wood and his own Russian Red formula
    * replaced fire control set with G2 set
    * Added a magpul magazine which he says works best in it
    * replaced grip with a magpul softgrip
    * replaced muzzle brake with his favorite brake. including standard brake in box
    * added Russian sling

I'm a sucker for his builds. Have a couple of his 47's and 74's in both fixed and under folder. Great guns! And all are super price!

That top one is a real beauty.I've always been partial to that finish color.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: My AK Guy

^^ Thanks, me too on the color. Love the Russian Red. He said he played around with colors and finally came up with the best red he thought - I agree Top and bottom are actually the same rifle - just first is a much better picture - lol.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"