Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: I spent the $35, got my FCC GMRS License. Any nets or channels useful for Prep?

Westmoreland county has 10 listed for 2M.
    For Greensberg 147.180 using FM, 145.440 using DMR, Fusion, & DStar.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Delaware County)

Default Re: I spent the $35, got my FCC GMRS License. Any nets or channels useful for Prep?

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Maybe on the west coast, but here in the Eastern PA ARRL grouping, there are more analog repeaters than worth counting. We're talking at least a half dozen per county in 2M, not counting 70CM, or other bands. the downside to that saturation, none of the repeaters get used. Repeaters you couldn't get time on previously are quiet, ones that had heavy "Drive time" rag chews, quiet. In addition, it's hard to get new people to be active on those repeaters when they are so quiet. Lot of interest in the Digital modes (DMR, Fusion, Etc) but again mostly quiet during the day, internet is required for the repeater links, ties up a lot more resources for a QSO. Lebanon club (meeting and testing tomorrow) tests 3 - 4 new people every month, you think the club would be larger than it is, but people don't join and don't become "radio active', leadership is always looking for new ways to get these people on air, and it does get flustering.
    I'm in Delco and they are a number of repeaters listed, but I never hear traffic. Although it's been a while since I've tried.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethzur View Post
    I'm in Delco and they are a number of repeaters listed, but I never hear traffic. Although it's been a while since I've tried.
    sadly not uncommon these days, many established repeaters are dead all day long. Yet people want to put up more repeaters.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethzur View Post
    There is a pretty friendly bunch on the Marple 147.195 machine every morning. The Newtown Square one on .060 also has some activity.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

Hand helds may not be the answer, need a long distance reciever at least. just to hear a human voice and know you are not alone.

(Philadelphia County)

What is a long distance receiver?
    I'm 20 miles from the 195 machine and can reach it with an HT.

Phil-Mont has some active nets on 147.030. Tower is in Roxsborough with pretty good coverage. Should get Delco.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234