Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kamala Harris can’t wait to cast vote to end Filibuster

This is what is at stake in the election. Oz sucks as a candidate, but I think stands in the way of the end of the filibuster. I know a lot hate him. I understand why, but Oz could be the difference between Biden, Schumer, Harris and Pelosi getting everything they want whenever they want it.

Dems are not hiding it, they are straight up saying they want to the end the filibuster to push their agenda. The Vice President can*t wait. It*s her own words.

They will go after guns in a way that we have not experienced since 93. If you like the Supreme Courts decision on Abortion, the senate will vote to codify Wade v. Roe.

If the vote is 50/50 the filibuster is done. The democrats in the Senate will be able to pass any bill they want the republicans will have no political recourse to stop it. If the Democrats hold onto the house, well think the game is fixed now, you ain*t seen nothing. It will basically be the endgame.

I know a lot of people here (and elsewhere) don*t want to vote for Oz, but do you really want to make Kamala Harris happy and have to watch her be the one to end the filibuster? Please hold your nose and vote for Oz just to spite Kamala.

New slogan: Vote Oz to spite Kamala

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kam...seats-midterms

Vice President Kamala Harris said over Saturday that she "can't wait" to cast her vote to end the "archaic" Senate filibuster in order to advance measures that protect abortion at a federal level and implement voting reform legislation.

Harris' remarks came during a speech at the Democratic National Committee's summer meeting at National Harbor in Maryland, where she urged support for Democratic Senate candidates in the November midterm elections.

"With just two more seats in the Senate, we can codify Roe v. Wade, we can put the protections of Roe in law," Harris said. "With two more seats in the United States Senate we can pass the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Act. Two more seats."

"You know, our President Joe Biden, he's been clear. He's kinda done with those archaic Senate rules that are standing in the way of those two issues," Harris said of the Senate filibuster * . "He's made that clear and has said that he will not allow that to obstruct those two issues. And, you know, for me, as vice president, I'm also president of the Senate.* I cannot wait to cast the deciding vote to break the filibuster on voting rights and reproductive rights. I cannot wait! Fifty-nine days.

Read the rest here: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kam...seats-midterms

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Kamala Harris can’t wait to cast vote to end Filibuster

Isn't all this reliant upon the idea that Oz will actually be on our side? Cause if you think he is, you're naive.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Isn't all this reliant upon the idea that Oz will actually be on our side? Cause if you think he is, you're naive.
    No I do not trust him and have said this in the past. I have plenty of criticisms of Oz. I understand why others are so frustrated with Oz. But there is no doubt Fetterman is for the fillibuster. He has said it many times. It sucks that the best I can say about Oz is that he gives Republicans control of the Senate and then they control what comes up for vote. But it is something. If Fetterman gets in and Democrats get 50 votes for the filibuster it*s game over.

I think we need to stop the most immediate problem first which is Fetterman and Schumer deciding what comes up for vote. Then worry about Oz.

PickingPA Guest

(York County)

Kamala can't vote to end the filibuster

She can only cast a tie reaker for floor votes on legislation

She can't break ties for procedural matters

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    No I do not trust him and have said this in the past. I have plenty of criticisms of Oz. I understand why others are so frustrated with Oz. But there is no doubt Fetterman is for the fillibuster. He has said it many times. It sucks that the best I can say about Oz is that he gives Republicans control of the Senate and then they control what comes up for vote. But it is something. If Fetterman gets in and Democrats get 50 votes for the filibuster it*s game over.

I think we need to stop the most immediate problem first which is Fetterman and Schumer deciding what comes up for vote. Then worry about Oz.
    That's the point. Fetterman will vote with the D's 100%. Oz might vote with the R's some of the time.

This is a dangerous topic. If the filibuster goes away, there will be a wave of 'legislated tyranny' unlike any we have witnessed in our lifetimes.

(Carbon County)

it's 50/50 right now.

why don't they do it now?
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post

it's 50/50 right now.

Manchin is against ending it. They don't have the votes.

(Montgomery County)

Good.

Hopefully this will finally Kickstart CW 2.0.

Just like a queen would say, Off with their heads!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post

it's 50/50 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    Manchin is against ending it. They don't have the votes.
    Yep, he's the only one holding it back right now. I'm no huge fan of the guy, but he's on the right side of this issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast