Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    (Washington County)

Default Re: new merchant codes for CC gun/Ammo buys

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    The way I look at it, it will open the door for new companies that want to make money without playing silly games.
    In theory, these kinds of opportunities to fill the voids in the supply of a desirable product are a hallmark of capitalism and free markets. But the free markets have been fatally compromised. Corporations are now beholden to the lowest common denominators of woke citizenry and international monetary and banking agreements. There will be a huge backlash to this and other examples of corporate wokeism but the overall leftward direction they are taking will not be altered, just slowed down by these backlashes. Our betters are striving for a 100 percent digital currency tied completely into a social credit system to mold and control our behavior. That's the end game here.

(Bucks County)

No surprise, considering we let 3% of the population set the base lines.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Northampton County)

Well, I did a bunch of G&A holiday shopping the past 2 weeks and used a CC that earns me 5% cashback on Sporting Goods. The charges have now all posted and only 1 of those merchants is still coded under Sporting Goods. The rest have all been changed to Miscellaneous. Not the end of the world, but it cost me $60 in cashback just in the last couple weeks.

Exclusive: Discover to enable tracking of purchases at gun retailers from April

Feb 17 (Reuters) - Discover Financial Services (DFS.N), a provider of credit cards, told Reuters it will allow its network to track purchases at gun retailers come April, making it the first among its peers to move ahead with the initiative aimed at helping authorities probe gun-related crimes.

The decision came after the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), which decides on the classification of merchant categories used by payment cards, approved in September the launch of a dedicated code for gun retailers.

https://www.reuters.com/business/dis...il-2023-02-17/

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Cash is still King.
    It is possible to buy pre charged "credit cards" .... With cash,... For transactions.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    It is possible to buy pre charged "credit cards" .... With cash,... For transactions.
    For now.
    Won't be long until a "Real ID" is required to be scanned at time of purchase.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Up to $500. good luck ordering anything online with it, without tying your billing and shipping address to the card like a real debit card. And online merchants wont take the visa/mc/amex “gift cards”.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    Exclusive: Discover to enable tracking of purchases at gun retailers from April

Feb 17 (Reuters) - Discover Financial Services (DFS.N), a provider of credit cards, told Reuters it will allow its network to track purchases at gun retailers come April, making it the first among its peers to move ahead with the initiative aimed at helping authorities probe gun-related crimes.

The decision came after the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), which decides on the classification of merchant categories used by payment cards, approved in September the launch of a dedicated code for gun retailers.

https://www.reuters.com/business/dis...il-2023-02-17/
    And I believe they were the one that was not jumping on at first. Now they are going to be the first to implement. OTOH, buying anything anywhere by any means other than cash, can be traced. But this just makes it easier.

This recent article stated "The decision to use the new merchant category code is eventually left up to the users in the industry," the ISO representative said. Is that the banks, or the retailers? (Probably a dumb question.)

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112