Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: new merchant codes for CC gun/Ammo buys

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    And that's fine for you if you can get what you want from there, but there are many, many items you won't find there, or if you do they are by flippers selling a recently sold out at $1500 item for $2000, or more.

It's starting to sound like you're only concerned about you and what you do.
    Not to be a wise guy but...who else is he supposed to worry about?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Not to be a wise guy but...who else is he supposed to worry about?
    Perhaps about how a rogue policy could adversely affect millions of currently law abiding citizens if collected data groups them as undesirable in some manner?

CC data about gun purchases can (and the left hopes it will) do that. 'But I don't care about it because I only use cash.'

If I misinterpreted an opinion or stance, I apologize for that.

And that's fine for you if you can get what you want from there, but there are many, many items you won't find there, or if you do they are by flippers selling a recently sold out at $1500 item for $2000, or more.

I can just text my dealer and order pretty much anything I want if I cant find it on my own.
    When I pick it up I pay him cash.
    What can I do about the credit card companies? There is nothing I can do about what they want to do,
    the only thing to do is stop using them and use cash.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I can just text my dealer and order pretty much anything I want if I cant find it on my own.
    When I pick it up I pay him cash.
    What can I do about the credit card companies? There is nothing I can do about what they want to do,
    the only thing to do is stop using them and use cash.
    Sounds great, but what happens after they start monitoring withdrawals of $600 or more of cash?

This is truly a government looking to be as intrusive as possible to the law abiding and as accommodating as possible to the career criminal. No exagerrating. That is where we currently stand*.

*and is why I fly the Banana Republic flag. I will show this "government" the same respect it shows me.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

PickingPA Guest

No, that would be him saying “I already have something figured out, you guys are SOL”

It appeared to me that he was offering a solution to others as to how to sidestep something that we obviously can’t do anything (legally) to change

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    Sounds great, but what happens after they start monitoring withdrawals of $600 or more of cash?
    So what?

Mr. Agent: (knock knock)

You: (opens door)

Mr. Agent: I have a report here that indicates you have withdrawn $601. Please explain that.

You: Go fuck your mother. (Closes door)

PickingPA Guest

Perhaps about how a rogue policy could adversely affect millions of currently law abiding citizens if collected data groups them as undesirable in some manner?

CC data about gun purchases can (and the left hopes it will) do that. 'But I don't care about it because I only use cash.'

If I misinterpreted an opinion or stance, I apologize for that.
    How is he supposed to change credit card/bank policies?

His solution is to buy from sources that accept check or mo. He’s putting that out there as an available work-around for buying online without using a cc

Am I missing something here?

(Westmoreland County)

"Amalgamated Bank, which calls itself *America*s socially responsible bank,* said that its decision to push for creating the new code is *the result of nearly three years of research and partnership with issue experts at Guns Down America and Giffords Law Center and broad support from elected officials, pension funds, and others across the United States.*

Amalgamated Bank was founded by union workers nearly 100 years ago. The bank first tried to apply to create the gun merchant code in July 2021, but the application had been denied twice by the ISO, after which it applied again for the new merchant category code in June this year, reported CBS News."

They're owned by "Workers United" an SEIU affiliate.

Why is the SEIU sticking its nose into the gun control business?

(Westmoreland County)

One way to defeat this is to flood the system with bogus "gun purchases".

If stores all over Fly Over Country code purchases incorrectly.... then these buzzards won't know who is buying what.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post

This is truly a government looking to be as intrusive as possible to the law abiding and as accommodating as possible to the career criminal. No exagerrating. That is where we currently stand*.

*and is why I fly the Banana Republic flag. I will show this "government" the same respect it shows me.
    I'll be withdrawing 15k from my account next week. I'm sure I'll get a letter or phone call.
    I'l tell them to mind their own f-ing business, its my money. Right?
    FJB

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast