Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Dealing with rudeness and such

This quote is edited:

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    I heard an example recently of a guy who walked into a gas station legally carrying a firearm.

He saw a man with a shotgun aiming at a man behind the counter with his hands up.

The concealed carrier drew his pistol and shot the man with the shotgun thinking he was the hero of the day.

Turns out that the man with the shotgun was the owner of the gas station. The man behind the counter was a robber who had just shot the actual cashier, who was laying dead at the robber's feet out of view of the concealed carrier.
    Not saying it's bullshit....but it sounds like "one of those stories...". I'd love to see the actual news article on this one.

(Berks County)

I find it best to just fart in their general direction.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I find it best to just fart in their general direction.
    Before you do, you have to be ABSOLUTELY SURE that it's going to be a FART and not something else.....

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    My co worker said "I thought he was going to pull a gun on you, you should keep your mouth shut and mind your own business."
    I laughed.
    For evil to triumph, good men only need to do nothing.

I am guided by a strict moral compass. If someone is doing harm to another and no one is stepping in, I will be. It's what any decent person with the ability to do so would do.

Now what would happen if you were to self defense shoot an idiot that parks in front of the costco because he's to lazy to park in a space and walk? Anyone parking in the fire lane would be my first order of business in the purge.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I don't have the answer to your question.

However....it doesn't take a genius to figure out where your interjection made lead, given the crowd you are directing it to. So, really, you have to ask yourself, before you ever open your mouth, is it worth the risk of ending up in court for shooting one or more of these fellows, because you felt the need to involve yourself in business that isn't yours. If the answer is "yes" then I don't think your legal standing matters. You're doing what you think is the right thing, and the chips fall where they may. If the answer is "no", then you might consider doing something more reasonable, such as having a word with the manager...you know, the person whose actual job is to deal with this kind of thing.

Real life isn't like some Hollywood movie, where honourable guy does noble deeds, puts bad guys in their place and suffers no repercussions. Remember that if even if you go to court and win, you're still out time, money, potentially a job, and other things. Better make damned sure it's all worth it before opening your mouth when you are armed.

That's how "I all" think (;
    This. ^

My wife and I were at the the vet's office with my dog last week and a woman (there with her boyfriend) starts vaping in the waiting room. My immediate thought was to yell out: "What the hell is wrong with you? You can't vape in here." This probably would have resulted in a verbal argument to begin with and potentially escalated from there. The end result probably would have been a melee in the office, the police being called and all 4 of us being banned from the practice. Instead, I kept my mouth shut and once the couple went into the exam room, I let the staff know. If you start in with every inconsiderate idiot you encounter in a given day, things are probably going to get ugly quickly.

(Allegheny County)

If you start in with every inconsiderate idiot you encounter in a given day, you will probably be in jail before the day is over things are probably going to get ugly quickly.
    FIFY.

And I agree (;0.

I can't tell you how many times I see an asshole throw his cigarette butt out the car window into the street at a traffic light, and I have to repress the urge to get off my bike, grab the butt and throw it back into his open window while saying "you dropped this!"

(Chester County)

If someone feels the need to vape in a waiting room a: they are nervous about the upcoming visit or b: they don't give a fuck about anyone around them and just need the nicotine fix no matter the scene. Personaly I don't care about vapeing around me because it's not dangerous for second hand breathing but is pretty rude to do in a close proximity but would not require an armed response.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshift View Post
    If someone feels the need to vape in a waiting room a: they are nervous about the upcoming visit or b: they don't give a fuck about anyone around them and just need the nicotine fix no matter the scene. Personaly I don't care about vapeing around me because it's not dangerous for second hand breathing but is pretty rude to do in a close proximity but would not require an armed response.
    It reveals the attitude of "fuck you, I'll do what I want".....such an attitude isn't going to be limited to just vaping.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshift View Post
    I saw two guys vaping in home dumpster the other day. I dont think it was nicotine.
    FJB

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    It reveals the attitude of "fuck you, I'll do what I want".....such an attitude isn't going to be limited to just vaping.
    That's why you need to keep condition orange in public places.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast