Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Perkiomen Valley occupation assessment tax

I have received a certified notice before wage garnishment of a Perkiomen valley S D Occupation Assessment for $396 from 2002, as well as a per capita tax of $16.50 from 2002.

In 2002, for 7 months, I rented an apartment in PV, worked, and paid local taxes. I've tried calling multiple times about this tax to inquire on what this tax is. However, I am on hold for 30+ minutes before I have to hang up and join a meeting for work. I don't have time to sit on hold for hours on end. And I'm not paying some random tax without knowing what it is.

Can anyone shed some light on it?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Perkiomen Valley occupation assessment tax

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    I have received a certified notice before wage garnishment of a Perkiomen valley S D Occupation Assessment for $396 from 2002, as well as a per capita tax of $16.50 from 2002.

In 2002, for 7 months, I rented an apartment in PV, worked, and paid local taxes. I've tried calling multiple times about this tax to inquire on what this tax is. However, I am on hold for 30+ minutes before I have to hang up and join a meeting for work. I don't have time to sit on hold for hours on end. And I'm not paying some random tax without knowing what it is.

Can anyone shed some light on it?
    Only a few school districts in PA have the Occupation Tax. I live in Northampton Township in Bucks and we have it. The amount you pay is based on your occupation. A clerk would might pay $150 and a lawyer $800. As I'm now retired, I'm exempt from the tax, but I had to show proof to Council Rock school district. Our township also had a per capita tax but eliminated it a few years ago.

Council Rock SD was very easy to deal with. I think my first contact was by email to get the process started.

(York County)

Northeastern SD, York County (Conewago township) : $52 per person for the "privilege" of working... yes, they call it an occupational privilege tax here.

Can they really still claim taxes due after 20 years? Isn't there a statute of limitations?
    Last edited by Jhaydeno; September 8th, 2022 at 11:11 PM.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Northeastern SD, York County (Conewago township) : $52 per person for the "privilege" of working...

Can they really still claim taxes due after 20 years? Isn't there a statute of limitations?
    Feel lucky that it doesn't come with Interest and Fines... You uppity Peasants...

SigGendered

(Northumberland County)

Shamokin and neighboring Line Mt. districts do it too. We're in Shamokin and the wife pays ~$200 for being a teacher, I pay ~$160 for being a grocery store employee (some liberties taken on that definition...). I know about it, but first about it every damn year until ths bill comes.

Line Mt rates are roughly 2x ours. Eeeekkkk

Agree on statue of limitations though...20 years feels a tad absurd.

(Delaware County)

Just hire a lawyer and it will go away. Shouldn*t cost more than $413.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    Feel lucky that it doesn't come with Interest and Fines... You uppity Peasants...

Spoken like a true dog faced pony soldier democrat

That's what I get for graduating high school, the ability to discern the irony in their terms as they pick my pocket clean. I'm sure they wish I had been Amish, so they could have cut me short at 8th grade.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.