Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pardon story

Hybrid View

Default Pardon story

In November, 20 2019 I submitted my pardon application in Harrisburg. On August 12, 2022 my pardon was signed by governor Wolf. I received the signed pardon August 25th 2022 by certified mail.
    I was arrested for receiving stolen property when I was 18 in 2002, a friend stole a bike from a police offers son and I was caught riding that bike. I was unaware the bike was stolen but I wasn’t willing to rat out my friend!They threw the book at me because of who the bike belonged to. I was convicted and got an M1 for it!! It took almost 20 years for me to find out I could try to get a pardon! I am glad that I did it! I have wanted to go hunting with my dad for the last 20 years but he has recently passed away!! I will be able to go hunting now and I’ll be using my fathers shotgun!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pardon story

Should have "ratted out" the thief. Why would you want to protect someone who was willing to let you go down for his crimes?

I'd also hardly call "throwing the book at you" a conviction for receiving stolen property.

Good luck on your hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Should have "ratted out" the thief. Why would you want to protect someone who was willing to let you go down for his crimes?

I'd also hardly call "throwing the book at you" a conviction for receiving stolen property.

Good luck on your hunting.
    Where I am from in Philly, snitches end up in ditches. It was a first (and only)offense so I think it was a harsh sentence. I wasn’t ever a criminal and didn’t know the bike was stolen until I got caught riding it! I wasn’t going to get my self in more trouble by ratting the kid out. He has since gone on to commit violent crimes. I didn’t want to be his victim of revenge! Either way I was a victim of a corrupt court system and corrupt police/judge nepotism! Regardless it’s all over now.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ppat View Post
    Where I am from in Philly, snitches end up in ditches. It was a first (and only)offense so I think it was a harsh sentence. I wasn*t ever a criminal and didn*t know the bike was stolen until I got caught riding it! I wasn*t going to get my self in more trouble by ratting the kid out. He has since gone on to commit violent crimes. I didn*t want to be his victim of revenge! Either way I was a victim of a corrupt court system and corrupt police/judge nepotism! Regardless it*s all over now.
    Everybody*s fault but your own. I find myself agreeing with Free again. The planets must be colliding.

(Allegheny County)

Where I am from in Philly, snitches end up in ditches.
    Good job succumbing to fear I guess.

It was a first (and only)offense ...
    sounds like the court got its message across.

Either way I was a victim of a corrupt court system and corrupt police/judge nepotism! Regardless it*s all over now.
    a victim...of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Everybody*s fault but your own. I find myself agreeing with Free again. The planets must be colliding.
    Yea your profile photo tells me all about your thought process! Get a life

(Berks County)

Yea your profile photo tells me all about your thought process! Get a life
    I suspect that you'd like his thought process a lot better than mine. See...I despise thieves and think that they should be shot on the spot or hanged under the old oak tree at noon for all to see. And if you think about it, it is a much better scenario, you'd 'rat him out' and he'd be dead and you could go on with your life. He didn't mind you paying for his crime, did he?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

He has since gone on to commit violent crimes.
    Maybe if you had ratted him out 20 years ago he would have taken his lumps with the law and turned out better.
    Last edited by Spaceballs; September 8th, 2022 at 02:59 PM.

(Bucks County)

Congrats on your pardon. Pay no mind to the Negative Nancys that only made perfect decisions when they were 18.

Stick around, this is one of the best sites for gun related info and legal stuff on the interwebz.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    Maybe if you had ratted him out 20 years ago he would have taken his limps with the law and turned out better.

Exactly

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast