Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Default Re: Cops Turn on Good Guy

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    If you bother to read my post you quoted, the answer to your question would plainly reveal itself.
    Yes, I read it. I found the "I don't like the law either" response a little tepid. That's all.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
    Yes, I read it. I found the "I don't like the law either" response a little tepid. That's all.
    How about, "I think it's a bunch of fucking bullshit and we should give Maryland to the Palestinians." Is that better?

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-five View Post
    His good guy status is questionable at best if he was carrying a firearm in Maryland without a Maryland license to carry. The Supreme court did not rule that national reciprocity was the law of the land.
    He should be allowed to carry freely in all 50 states, unquestioned. Anyway, I think I'm in the wrong thread.
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    He should be allowed to carry freely in all 50 states, unquestioned.
    Without a "permit".

However, that's not how it currently works.

(Fayette County)

How about, "I think it's a bunch of fucking bullshit and we should give Maryland to the Palestinians." Is that better?
    That's better!

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    You don*t have to be perfect and get everything right in life to be a good guy. His action to step in and try to do what he thought was the right thing and make a positive difference here makes him a good guy. He made the mistake thinking that Maryland is reasonable. That does not take away his good guy status. Unfortunately shit like this makes it less likely that the next potential good guy will be a good guy.
    You are correct. He was not perfect. Ironically, I believe he would have faced he same charges if he did that in Pennsylvania, given that PA no longer honors VA licenses.

I guess we can debate if following or not following state laws adds or subtracts from being a good guy.

(Allegheny County)

Nobody knew Muldrow had a gun. He didn't use it. No one had seen it. He didn't tell anyone he had one. Nobody asked him if he had one. NOBODY KNEW!! Until he opened his fat mouth and told the police he had one.The police only knew he had a gun because he told them he had a gun:

However, the problem began when an officer asked where the gun was.

While the gun Henderson allegedly used to attack Cullens had disappeared, Muldrow's attorney said that in the body cam footage, "you hear police say it's a pretty common occurrence in Baltimore that, by the time they get there, the gun has disappeared" Muldrow told the officer that his firearm, a .22 caliber Beretta M9, was holstered on his hip.

An officer then pulled back his jacket and found the firearm * which Muldrow didn*t even have to draw.
    Muldrow needs to review this video:

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
    All LTC are violative of the 2A. If the Supreme Court ruled that you should jump off a bridge . . . ?
    Well, you can make the decision to carry without a license in Pennsylvania, Maryland, etc, even without making theoretical absurdities about the Supreme Court. It would be great if it was not considered unlawful posession, but right now that's what we have in most states.

We all make choices.

Nobody knew Muldrow had a gun. He didn't use it. No one had seen it. He didn't tell anyone he had one. Nobody asked him if he had one. NOBODY KNEW!! Until he opened his fat mouth and told the police he had one.The police only knew he had a gun because he told them he had a gun:

You got to think that his mind keeps going back to that 1 statement and dwelling on how different his life would be right now if he had just kept his mouth closed. 1 sentence and his life took a fucked up turn.

That video is always worth a re-watch.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast