Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Massad Ayoob Blog.

Here is a recent Blog from Mas Ayoob about th recent run on gun shops....

Massad Ayoob
    THE CURRENT RUN ON GUNS

Posted: 13 Nov 2008 11:13 PM CST

“I hate to see people buying guns out of fear,” Gary Ross told me yesterday at his Trail Boss Gun Shop in Sierra Vista, Arizona, a short walk from the gates of Fort Huachuca. His sales are up as much as 40%, mostly semiautomatic firearms and high capacity magazines, and ammunition.

The national media has picked up on this. It’s happening at every gun shop in the country. The explanation is pretty simple: the party that just ensconced itself in rock-solid power in Washington has long considered firearms restriction legislation to be one of its planks. Indeed, those at the pinnacle of power seem to consider it one of their priorities.

The Obama administration transition website, “www.change.gov” boldly and blatantly posted its intent to ban semiautomatic firearms and much, much more. Early this week, that particular page disappeared from the website. However, it has been archived and you can read it HERE Scroll down to “Crime and Law Enforcement”.

We’ve heard of “hidden agendas,” but rarely do we catch politicians in the very act of literally “hiding their agenda.” It’s really worth it to go to the link and dig up what they’re trying to hide.

The term “panic buying” has been used to describe this phenomenon, which began long before the election when Obama’s lead in the polls was evident, and his history of being hostile to private ownership of firearms had long since become apparent. I think “panic” may be a strong word. It’s more a matter of reasonable fear.

The strangest explanation of the buying spurt comes from a sociologist type who says it’s all about paranoid whites reacting in fear to a black President-elect who will now be Commander-in-Chief of mighty armed forces. An interesting exercise in sophomoric thought, but how does that explain all the black people I saw buying guns in the Trail Boss shop and elsewhere, all over the country? Gun dealers have spoken of the irony of how many folks buying guns right now are wearing Obama T-shirts. One observer asked, tongue only partly in cheek, “Do they know something we don’t?”

It seems like an excellent time to join the National Rifle Association, still the strongest collective voice in the nation for gun owners’ civil rights, and Second Amendment Foundation, which in my opinion has long been the most effective of the small activist groups. I would also recommend joining your state level grass roots gun owners’ organization.

When then-President Bill Clinton triggered “panic-buying sprees” with the Brady Bill and the Assault Weapons Ban, one gun industry group waggishly gave him a Gun Salesman of the Year Award. Barack Obama will clearly be in line for the next one. And, adds a friend of mine with a bullet business, “NRA Recruiter of the Year” is a possibility for Obama, too.

(York County)

Default Re: Massad Ayoob Blog.

Is there a link to this blog you speak of ?
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

This must be it:

http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/

Cool...I did not know he had a blog.

(Luzerne County)

I don't place too much faith in much of Massads teachings.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

The web page hasn't been removed, just moved, as the transition team sets up their agenda. the new web page that includes the new assault weapons ban can be found here:

http://www.change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy_agenda/

To be sure, this is just the beginning of the agenda. I'm sure that they have more to say about guns but this is the first that they have actually put anything down on paper.

(Venango County)

Here's a thought.

How certain or confident is President-elect Obama that all his social plans will work?

I mean, if he is successful, no one will be committing crimes anymore and everyone will be living happily ever after, despite, maybe one or two crazies here and there, and they should be in social hospitals with social meds anyway....

So, if his other plans really work out, then there is no cause to even touch the 2A. No bans required.

Either he is not confident in his work and programs, or something else much nastier is in the wings.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Quote Originally Posted by CCinPA View Post
    I don't place too much faith in much of Massads teachings.
    And why is that?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by jkp1187 View Post
    And why is that?
    Well I don't want to take this thread off topic so if you wish you can PM me on that.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

I think it's fair game -- the subject is Ayoob's Blog, after all. If he's secretly been working with Sarah Brady, or doing something equally nefarious such that his credibility is weakened, it deserves to be heard....
    Last edited by Johannes_Paulsen; November 16th, 2008 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCinPA View Post
    Well I don't want to take this thread off topic so if you wish you can PM me on that.
    Well the thread is about Ayoob so it wouldn't be too off-topic, could you please PM me about it also?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast