Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Traveling to N.C. via Maryland, and VA.

Vacation coming up to outer banks. Haven't been there in many years. What do I need to do to be legal with a PA license to carry? Last thread on here was 2013 according to my search skills. Appreciate any feedback.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Traveling to N.C. via Maryland, and VA.

Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Butler County)

Thanks for the response, Rock it. I have looked at that site already.

Obviously, Maryland is my concern. Do you still need to unload and lock to legally travel through?

I don't really watch the "news" anymore, but I thought there was a recent court ruling that might affect this...

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by daddy View Post
    Thanks for the response, Rock it. I have looked at that site already.

Obviously, Maryland is my concern. Do you still need to unload and lock to legally travel through?

I don't really watch the "news" anymore, but I thought there was a recent court ruling that might affect this...
    As to Maryland, yes. Unloaded, including magazines unloaded, and in a locked container (ammo can be in the same locked container, but not in the magazine), either in a trunk if available, or in an area not readily accessible, such as the back of an SUV, (not in the glove box or console).
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Yes. Lock up and be unloaded through Maryland. Even for those 11 short miles of western Maryland on I-81!

(York County)

And whatever you do... don't stop in Maryland with a firearm in the car. Drive straight through. Don't stop for gas. Don't stop to eat.

Maryland has strict transport rules. To and from a range or gunsmith. No stopping.

(Butler County)

No plan to stop, just want to be able to defend myself, wife, and baby girl from anyone who would hurt us. Real shame that a right enumerated in the constitution, and given by god has to be parsed out this way...

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by daddy View Post
    No plan to stop, just want to be able to defend myself, wife, and baby girl from anyone who would hurt us. Real shame that a right enumerated in the constitution, and given by god has to be parsed out this way...
    If you don't have a MD carry permit you don't have that right (legally)

Don't even think about it. MD will make you wish you have let yourself be killed

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    If you don't have a MD carry permit you don't have that right (legally)

Don't even think about it. MD will make you wish you have let yourself be killed
    Don't misunderstand, I want to be able to defend my family on the other side of maryland. Just hope to pass thru legally. And hope to god nothing happens while in hostile territory.

(York County)

Heard this guy on the radio this morning while in Maryland. Dude is a US Marine. He has a valid CCW in Virginia.

He came to Baltimore to visit a friend. He walked in the friend's house and the friend was fighting an intruder and bleeding from the head. The Marine picked up a blunt object and knocked the intruder down and subdued him. Saved the friend's life.

Cops showed up to arrest the intruder. Marine tells the cops he has a Virginia CCW and is carrying. Cops seem willing to let it slide because he did just save a man's life (not with the carry gun. Fun was never unholstered)

Police LT shows up to the scene, finds out he is carrying without a MD permit and orders him to the arrested and hauled off to jail. He now faced multiple charges. Charges include picky stuff like being within 100ft of a public building with a gun. (The friend must live next to something)

This just happened in July.

The lesson... DO NOT TAKE A GUN INTO MD WITHOUT A VALID MD CARRY PERMIT

Just don't. Don't hope you don't get caught because if you do you are toast. This guy didn't even use his gun. This is all just for having it. Had he shot the intruder, which would have been a good shoot and lawful use of force anywhere else on the planet, Maryland would have him on murder charges.

https://www.givesendgo.com/G6FRD

The link is to GiveSendGo only because it has the full story. I am not suggesting anyone does or does not donate.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast