Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What are your thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by joeyj View Post
    I have a Ruger 22/45 which I like in my old age. The problem I'm having is triggered bite. After a 10 rounds the skin above my first joint gets black and blue, it's no fun shooting after that. I've tried adjusting my grip but there is only so much you can do. Has anybody else experienced this ? I would hate to drop over 100 bucks on a trigger replacement and be faced with the same problem. I know you fellows always have good advice, clue me in. Joe
    I'm trying to figure out how the trigger on a 22/45 can rub like that. I have fairly large hands and have never experienced any sort of rubbing or trigger bite from either of my MkIII 22/45 pistols. I guess you could try a flat trigger like one from Tandemkross. If you've got anything other than a MkIV, reassembly is going to be a bitch, no matter how many videos you watch.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I have the directions and all, its just the dumbest way to assemble a gun, turn it sideways,
    point muzzle towards mecca, flip 180 degrees, hold the trigger down while you point the grips
    at a 45 degree angle, and all should work
    That's only during a full moon.

Dark of the moon, you do the procedure in reverse, while spinning clockwise.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I have the directions and all, its just the dumbest way to assemble a gun, turn it sideways,
    point muzzle towards mecca, flip 180 degrees, hold the trigger down while you point the grips
    at a 45 degree angle, and all should work

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post

I tried that, still didn't work
    FJB

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by joeyj View Post
    I have a Ruger 22/45 which I like in my old age. The problem I'm having is triggered bite. After a 10 rounds the skin above my first joint gets black and blue, it's no fun shooting after that. I've tried adjusting my grip but there is only so much you can do. Has anybody else experienced this ? I would hate to drop over 100 bucks on a trigger replacement and be faced with the same problem. I know you fellows always have good advice, clue me in. Joe
    Trigger slap afaik is caused by the return of the trigger to its "cocked" position. Is there an identifiable spring that resets the trigger? See this for an exploded view https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-man...er/mkiii-22-45 Part # 28 is shown as the trigger spring and 29 is shown as Trigger spring plunger. Maybe replacement or adjustment is in order? There has to be a way to adjust the trigger pull. Perhaps you can check Wolfe Gun Springs to see if they have replacements and the must be gunsmiths somewhere (besides Volquartsen) that does work on Rugers!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Bucks County)

Are you trying to pull the trigger with your finger joint? Use the pad of your finger tip for everything you shoot. With a light recoiling .22 I don't see how your finger joint could ever touch anything.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Are you trying to pull the trigger with your finger joint? Use the pad of your finger tip for everything you shoot. With a light recoiling .22 I don't see how your finger joint could ever touch anything.
    Middle of the pad is also key for accuracy.

I have a similar issue with my Sig Mosquito trigger, though not like the Ruger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12