Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

(Delaware County)

Default Woman pulls gun at KoP Mall food court

A women caused a panic at the King of Prussia Mall food court after pulling and pointing a gun during an argument with three other women. The woman, who has an LTCF, claimed she feared she was about to be assaulted. Sketchy details but the woman was not charged. Let the scenario speculation begin...

https://6abc.com/king-of-prussia-mal...guns/12165444/

KING OF PRUSSIA, Pennsylvania (WPVI) -- Back-to-school shopping at King of Prussia Mall was disrupted on Thursday when a woman pulled out a handgun in the food court area.

Upper Merion Township police said the incident began when the woman was involved in an argument with three other women near the Five Guys.

The woman said she walked away to wait for her food, but was approached by two of the other women as the argument continued.

The single female said she believed she was about to be assaulted, so she pulled out a handgun from her purse and pointed it at them.

No shots were fired, police said.

"All of a sudden, we see a couple of hundred people running toward us from the food court and we're looking and a guy runs by us," said David Ogleton of Devon. "I don't think he wanted to scare anybody else so he kind of just made the sign of a gun."

Ogleton said he was back to school shopping with his 11-year-old son.

As police made their way into the mall, stores began to lock down.

Officer said shoppers and staff were shaken.

"I called my wife and we were saying this is not one of our worst fears but something that we're always worried about now," Ogleton said.

According to authorities, the woman who produced the gun did possess it legally and has a permit to carry a concealed weapon in Montgomery County.

Police said at this time, no charges are being filed.

No injuries were reported in the incident.
    Last edited by Gman106; August 26th, 2022 at 08:24 AM.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Berks County)

Default Re: Woman pulls gun at KoP Mall food court

Am I the only one who finds it suspicious that the only person we see is the woman who was scared for her life and not those who made her feel that way? It's all part of the entitlement that people have been told is theirs that makes them act that way. Butt in line, get shot, I'm good with it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

God forbid you defend yourself, IN A MALL! F-the news.
    FJB

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    God forbid you defend yourself, IN A MALL! F-the news.
    Well, I think the good news here she's not charged...so far. Who's the MontCo DA? No word if the mall trespassed her, I'm sure they have a no guns policy.

Last edited by Gman106; August 26th, 2022 at 09:39 AM.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

I'm curious about the initial argument. Not knowing, it is possible that one of the others may have threatened her first.

(Montgomery County)

The mall does have a no guns policy.

I've heard the system in Montco likes to try people for bullshit, so a presumably justified defense is likely to get run as far up the legal ladder as they think it can go.

(Berks County)

I expect her to get the Kyle Rittenhouse treatment.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

This sounds similar to the Wuestenberg case from Michigan. Jillian Wuestenberg, concealed carrying on a permit, bumped into someone in a restaurant and then went to her car. The person she bumped into followed Jillian and her husband, Eric, out to their car and harassed them verbally. The harassers refused to leave even after the Wuestenbergs got in their van and attempted to back up. Their van was equipped with a safety device which prevents backing up if it detects someone behind the vehicle. Eric Wuestenberg is a veteran suffering from PTSD and experienced incidents in Iraq where he was stuck in a humvee getting attacked. Jillian felt in fear of her life and her husband's, exited the van, drew her gun and ordered the offended verbal abusers to leave. Eric and Jillian were then arrested and charged. I'm not sure on the charge but assault or whatever MI's equivalent of brandishing is. Their trial is set for October 20, 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_jim View Post
    This sounds similar to the Wuestenberg case from Michigan. Jillian Wuestenberg, concealed carrying on a permit, bumped into someone in a restaurant and then went to her car. The person she bumped into followed Jillian and her husband, Eric, out to their car and harassed them verbally. The harassers refused to leave even after the Wuestenbergs got in their van and attempted to back up. Their van was equipped with a safety device which prevents backing up if it detects someone behind the vehicle. Eric Wuestenberg is a veteran suffering from PTSD and experienced incidents in Iraq where he was stuck in a humvee getting attacked. Jillian felt in fear of her life and her husband's, exited the van, drew her gun and ordered the offended verbal abusers to leave. Eric and Jillian were then arrested and charged. I'm not sure on the charge but assault or whatever MI's equivalent of brandishing is. Their trial is set for October 20, 2022.
    Would it be better just to shoot, since brandishing is illegal? Some people say if you are going to pull a gun, you'd better use it.
    I think that is stupid. I believe in second chances. If I pull a gun on you and you walk away, a life was saved.
    If you dont walk away, and continue to be a threat, that is when you use it. IMO.
    FJB

(Bucks County)

When trapped in an over-engineered vehicle, that's not the harasser's fault. You do not exit the vehicle and pull a gun. You remain in the vehicle, dial 911 and wait for the police to arrive.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast