Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Smith & Wesson Price Cut on M&P9 Shield Plus Micro Compact

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    It's even worse. I sent one of them off to APEX for a trigger job and night sights. I think it was another $400 or so....plus the FedEx shipping both ways. Ugh.

Ugh is right. That's such an easy trigger job to do on your own. Apex has excellent install videos.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    The shield plus is my daily carry. Excellent gun to shoot, extremely accurate. Highly recommend. Haven't run into any of the trigger issues mentioned above.
    I have pretty slender hands and fingers, it's very likely all to do with that. If your finger has a bit more meat on it, it's making more contact with the trigger safety and you won't see the problem I did at all.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Yup go ahead and do the sanding. It's a good idea to eliminate a failure point if in a rapid deployment your grip / presentation gets screwed up.
    Yeah, I have a set of tiny jewelers files I was going to use. Literally the only time I've experienced this issue is when doing drills drawing from a holster. Occasionally, my trigger finger will land just a touch too high on the trigger shoe, and the safety will refuse to deactivate.

(Washington County)

I keep wanting to dip my toes back in the M&P waters but just can't get over how bad the triggers were for years. It's what ultimately drove my over to Glock. I keep seeing that the newer Shields (and M&Ps) have redesigned and improved the trigger but I can't see it being a significant improvement. I may have to go rent one at some point. I really liked my Shield 9mm (gen 1) and how it carried. These new Plus models just sound great...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by garand4life View Post
    I keep wanting to dip my toes back in the M&P waters but just can't get over how bad the triggers were for years. It's what ultimately drove my over to Glock. I keep seeing that the newer Shields (and M&Ps) have redesigned and improved the trigger but I can't see it being a significant improvement. I may have to go rent one at some point. I really liked my Shield 9mm (gen 1) and how it carried. These new Plus models just sound great...
    The trigger is more than fine for the intended use of the gun. If you can't shoot it well.... It ain't the gun

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123