Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FFL charges for NICS check delay?

From the website of a local FFL:

If you fail the background check, the fee is $150 and you do not get to take your gun home with you.
    If you go into "Research", the fee is $150. If you are determined as eligible to own a gun, the money is credited toward your purchase LESS $50. If you are denied or undetermined, the above fee applies and you cannot purchase the gun.
    And apparently they hate big box stores:
    Transfers from the following locations are $80: Bud's, Cheaper Than Dirt, Grab a Gun, Palmetto State Armory, Sportsman's Guide, Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore, Gunbuyer.com, MrGundealer.com, Sports South, LLC, Guns.com
    Also this gem
    If the seller packs the gun(s) in styrofoam peanuts or similar material, there is a $25 unpacking/cleanup/disposal fee.
    Have you ever seen an FFL that does this?

https://www.cajunarms.com/store-transfer-policies.html

(Berks County)

Default Re: FFL charges for NICS check delay?

they have seem like they really dont want anyones business. the fees seem so high cause they want to punish people who didnt buy directly through them.

i like this note though
    WE DO NOT ACCEPT TRANSFERS OF HI-POINT GUNS OR SIMILAR

these are pretty good too.
    Guns that are not picked up within 7 days of receiving them or have not been picked up after service are subject to a $60 per month storage fee. If the value of the gun is reached, we keep the gun for payment.
    i wonder how they determine the value

If you are "denied" or "undetermined" and cannot pass a background check and you either do not send in a challenge form or the challenge form comes back as denied, we will keep your firearm(s) as partial reimbursement for our time we will incur in dealing with the police and courts.

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    they have seem like they really dont want anyones business. the fees seem so high cause they want to punish people who didnt buy directly through them.
    It sounds like they don't want business from people that buy online. I can't say as I blame them for that, if someone is ordering a gun online chances are they also buy their ammo online and gun accessories there too. So what does this FFL gain other than dealing with all the bs paperwork to make a few bucks.

The only thing I don't agree with is the research fee - This is 100% out of any buyers control.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by flitz303 View Post
    From the website of a local FFL:

And apparently they hate big box stores:

Also this gem

Have you ever seen an FFL that does this?

https://www.cajunarms.com/store-transfer-policies.html
    Lmao I see an ffl I'll never visit.

For anything.

(Beaver County)

A few FFL's near me have similar fees. It seems the ones that are located in more undesirable parts of the city to keep the riff
    raff out.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Delaware County)

Fuck that FFL. If you don*t want to do transfers for on line purchases then just don*t do them. How can someone control whether or not they go into research.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Berks County)

I know that they don't get rich on transfers so I never bitch about them or tell them I can get it done for less elsewhere but that's the guy who tells his classes:

Open carry in Philthytown is illegal

Don't open carry, it just scares people

Don't use to slide release on a full auto, semi pistol to drop the slide, it might not properly seat the round

Don't use the slingshot method for racking the slide on your full auto, semi auto pistol, it's not acceptable.

His fee structure there just makes me laugh.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

That one seems to go above and beyond with absurdity (like the Hipoint thing), but I've seen a lot of threads over the years with very similar high fees intended to (as already noted) weed out the people who already know that they may not pass, but will try anyway.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Fuck that FFL. If you don*t want to do transfers for on line purchases then just don*t do them.
    It's called a go away price, and if you don't go away then you're going to pay a premium for the service. You see that with a lot of places now not just FFL's. IE - I can get tires cheaper online but then I gotta pay to have them mounted where if you buy at the local shop mounting is included in the price.

I could never understand people buying guns online unless it's a specialty gun that is next to impossible to find in a store. Most of the stuff I see online is damn close to the store cost and by the time you add the fees and hassle it's not even worth the time.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    It's called a go away price, and if you don't go away then you're going to pay a premium for the service. You see that with a lot of places now not just FFL's. IE - I can get tires cheaper online but then I gotta pay to have them mounted where if you buy at the local shop mounting is included in the price.

I could never understand people buying guns online unless it's a specialty gun that is next to impossible to find in a store. Most of the stuff I see online is damn close to the store cost and by the time you add the fees and hassle it's not even worth the time.
    H&K MK 23 unfired for $1800 shipped from FL and a VP9 from Okie for $475. YMMV.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast