Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: What's your next planned firearm purchase?

I'm pretty much a 7.62x51 and 9mm guy with some new entrances into .45 and 5.56. I always brass hog when I'm at the range and find a lot of that .300 BLK brass or steel around. What's with the popularity of that?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I'm pretty much a 7.62x51 and 9mm guy with some new entrances into .45 and 5.56. I always brass hog when I'm at the range and find a lot of that .300 BLK brass or steel around. What's with the popularity of that?
    To me 300 BLK is appealing mainly shooting subs, it's whisper quite. One time at the range someone had a bolt action one and knew I needed to get one after seeing him shoot. It was literally a click when fired and a thud once the bullet hit the backstop. It was probably the most "movie" quite suppressor I've heard. If you aren't putting a suppressor on it I don't see much point in owning a 300 BLK.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    To me 300 BLK is appealing mainly shooting subs, it's whisper quite. One time at the range someone had a bolt action one and knew I needed to get one after seeing him shoot. It was literally a click when fired and a thud once the bullet hit the backstop. It was probably the most "movie" quite suppressor I've heard. If you aren't putting a suppressor on it I don't see much point in owning a 300 BLK.
    thats pretty much it. perfect for short barrel setups. i like 194gr lehigh defense rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post

30 cal/7.62x29 ballistics in an AR-15 platform that only required a new barrel. Could use existing AR bolts and mags. Supersonic has more oomph than 556, but at much shorter practical range. Subsonic about on par with .45 ACP, but with much better ballistics. Ability to switch from subs to supersonic with a mag change - sort of.

(Chester County)

A higher quality 22LR DA revolver. A no Hillary Hole S&W or possibly a Ruger GP 100
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by tallbump View Post
    I picked up the Hellcat Pro. Absolutely love it. I was seriously considering the Shield Plus and I think I would have liked that, too. But once I held the Hellcat Pro I had to have it.
    The 365 Macro wasn't out at the time and I haven't checked one out, so I have no comment there
    That's on my list as well. I don't think I would be unhappy with any of them.

(Allegheny County)

Colt 3* python is on my radar.

The Hellcat feels pretty damn nice in my hands. I am well beyond "needing" anything. It is simply a matter of want at this point. I have been buying "old" stuff. Smith K22 Masterpiece, Remington Model 12 etc.... I am eying a Smith Model 69 Combat Master for camp hikes and a Remington Tac 14 to velcro under the back truck seat.

(Allegheny County)

Same as always - something that can be purchased one part at a time and assembled once the checklist is complete.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    The Hellcat feels pretty damn nice in my hands. I am well beyond "needing" anything. It is simply a matter of want at this point. I have been buying "old" stuff. Smith K22 Masterpiece, Remington Model 12 etc.... I am eying a Smith Model 69 Combat Master for camp hikes and a Remington Tac 14 to velcro under the back truck seat.
    Can*t go wrong with a K-22 masterpiece, IMO one of the best 22 revolvers ever made.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast