Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Your AR optics, irons, RD, Holo, Scope

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    Standard irons and a cheap $20 ebay open style reflex sight ftw.

Long distances (>100yds) i like the Vortex diamondback scopes. The LR308 wore one. I*ve run a vortex viper, not bad but not worth $220 to me. Same with the aimpoints i*ve shot, not worth $400+
    Aimpoints are built to take lots of abuse and keep working, a 20.00 eBay sight may be good enough for the range and I bet it wouldn*t take much to knock it out of commission, to each their own I say. If I buy a 1k, 2k or 3k dollar gun and put a 20.00 reflex on it, kind of defeats the purpose of buying a quality gun.

(York County)

True enough.

I have one of those cheap Pinty open reflex sights too, mounted it on my first AR. Didnt hold zero great, but it worked and would at least get you on target, but yeah, one good drop and it would probably go out. Replaced it long ago but think Ill mount it on the shotgun I have coming and see if it holds up to the recoil.

You get what you pay for between a certain price range. Below that, you end up with something relatively fragile and unstable, and above it you get diminishing returns. Gotta get right in that sweet spot where you get quality and value.

For as much as i shoot, and what i use my long guns for, the ebay one works well enough. I bounced it between 4 different guns without zeroing again (after initially sighting it in on a 10/22) and it held zero pretty well. Now, to be fair it took a lot of ammo to get it to zero lol. But held up to hundreds of rounds of 7.62/308, 9mm, 12ga slug.

I like it for quick acquisition mainly. The tube style sights like aimpoint give me trouble with accuracy oddly enough

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123