Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Question regarding carry safety in vehicles.

To the OP…the only place that firearm should be, is ON YOUR PERSON! Preferably in a holster of your choice and LOADED with one in the chamber. No disrespect, but the fact you have to ask a question like that, tells me you’d be unprepared if you’ve got to use it. Now, tell me you want to keep a rifle or shotgun (truck gun) in your vehicle, well that’s a horse of a different color. Go for it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    In what manner ?
    An empty holster permanently mounted tells random people you own guns, making you a more attractive target for a smash and grab. To find an extra gun.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    An empty holster permanently mounted tells random people you own guns, making you a more attractive target for a smash and grab. To find an extra gun.
    That was my thought too, or they wait for you to return and jump you as your getting in and not paying attention, stealing your money and your weapon. As posted above, I*m a big fan of placing my firearm and IWB holster in the narrow door pocket, which has a small piece of fabric in the bottom to avoid the plastic on plastic noise from bumps and turns.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    That was my thought too, or they wait for you to return and jump you as your getting in and not paying attention, stealing your money and your weapon. As posted above, I*m a big fan of placing my firearm and IWB holster in the narrow door pocket, which has a small piece of fabric in the bottom to avoid the plastic on plastic noise from bumps and turns.
    Alternatively, an openly mounted holster also may make you a target for mouth breathing karens that may attempt to swat or red-flag someone for owning a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Alternatively, an openly mounted holster also may make you a target for mouth breathing karens that may attempt to swat or red-flag someone for owning a gun.
    You are giving people too much credit, most people are oblivious to their surroundings , unless you had a belt fed mounted to your roof or stickers all over your vehicle most would never notice a holster

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    You are giving people too much credit, most people are oblivious to their surroundings , unless you had a belt fed mounted to your roof or stickers all over your vehicle most would never notice a holster
    It only takes one.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    Most normal people are oblivious to their surroundings.

Theives and muggers are REALLY tuned into the world around them. They notice details like "visible holster".

(Allegheny County)

OH MY GOD!
    IF YOU HAVE AN EMPTY HOLSTER IN YOUR CAR, WHY WOULD YOU ALSO PUT A SIGN WITH FLASHING LIGHTS SAYING "I HAVE GUNS TO STEAL" ON YOUR HOOD???

You people need to get a grip and understand that there are shades of grey and not every scenario is going to be the way you are picturing it in your head.

Who says the mounted, empty holster MUST be visible?
    Would it be so hard to cover it up with a hand towel or something?
    Sheesh.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    OH MY GOD!
    IF YOU HAVE AN EMPTY HOLSTER IN YOUR CAR, WHY WOULD YOU ALSO PUT A SIGN WITH FLASHING LIGHTS SAYING "I HAVE GUNS TO STEAL" ON YOUR HOOD???

You people need to get a grip and understand that there are shades of grey and not every scenario is going to be the way you are picturing it in your head.

Who says the mounted, empty holster MUST be visible?
    Would it be so hard to cover it up with a hand towel or something?
    Sheesh.
    Now if we considered realistic, likely, and reasonable scenarios for everything what fun would the internet be?

For the record when I heard car holster I assumed something under the sheet or wedged between the seat and center console that would just look like part of the seatbelt assembly when empty. I wasn't picturing a giant alien gear holster stapled to the steering wheel.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Operator View Post
    To the OP*the only place that firearm should be, is ON YOUR PERSON! Preferably in a holster of your choice and LOADED with one in the chamber. No disrespect, but the fact you have to ask a question like that, tells me you*d be unprepared if you*ve got to use it. Now, tell me you want to keep a rifle or shotgun (truck gun) in your vehicle, well that*s a horse of a different color. Go for it.
    I have to agree, the gun should be on your person. If for some reason you are quickly, intentionally or unintentionally separated from your vehicle, you won*t have your weapon and it may just be driving down the road in your stolen vehicle.

Same goes for those key FOBs. Keep them on your person. Some vehicles will operate once started, without the FOB inside the vehicle, some won*t. But no sense giving up the FOB.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast