Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Question regarding carry safety in vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    An empty holster permanently mounted tells random people you own guns, making you a more attractive target for a smash and grab. To find an extra gun.
    OK, that*s where I thought you were going with it, but the word rob threw me off. That*s more of a scenario that Jhaydeno presents below.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    That was my thought too, or they wait for you to return and jump you as your getting in and not paying attention, stealing your money and your weapon. As posted above, I*m a big fan of placing my firearm and IWB holster in the narrow door pocket, which has a small piece of fabric in the bottom to avoid the plastic on plastic noise from bumps and turns.
    I am not a fan of placing a gun in the door pocket or console or glovebox. In Philadelphia there are on average 4 firearms reported stolen everyday. Most of those are from parked vehicles and most of them were stored in the console or glovebox. And a good amount of those people didn*t have a LTCF or operating under the exception of driving to or from a range or gun shop.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    OK, that*s where I thought you were going with it, but the word rob threw me off. That*s more of a scenario the Jhaydeno present below.
    It definitely goes both ways.

(Allegheny County)

Seriously. In my first car, I mounted a nice stereo and equalizer on the floor hump and left the AM/FM radio in the dash.
    Any time I left the car, an old sweatshirt covered the stereo.

You don't have to be stupid about it.
    Cover up valuables. Pretty simple.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

OK, that*s where I thought you were going with it, but the word rob threw me off. That*s more of a scenario that Jhaydeno presents below.

I am not a fan of placing a gun in the door pocket or console or glovebox. In Philadelphia there are on average 4 firearms reported stolen everyday. Most of those are from parked vehicles and most of them were stored in the console or glovebox. And a good amount of those people didn*t have a LTCF or operating under the exception of driving to or from a range or gun shop.
    When driving my truck, my EDC gets parked in the door pocket but when I get out, it goes onto my holster. I am opposed to ever leaving mine in my car, regardless of where it is parked.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Seriously. In my first car, I mounted a nice stereo and equalizer on the floor hump and left the AM/FM radio in the dash.
    Any time I left the car, an old sweatshirt covered the stereo.

You don't have to be stupid about it.
    Cover up valuables. Pretty simple.
    In some cities, a cloth conspicuously laying on a hump inside the vehicle simply means there is something of value under the cloth.

When I was out in SF last year there were signs everywhere cars were parked saying DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING IN VEHICLES. I saw cars here and there with a broken window. A coworker of mine left a hoodie on the seat while at a game and when he came back, the rental car window was broken and the hoodie gone.
    Last edited by Carson; August 11th, 2022 at 12:35 PM.

(Carbon County)

i use this with the string tied so when you pull on it the holster comes off

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Allegheny County)

In some cities, a cloth conspicuously laying on a hump inside the vehicle simply means there is something of value under the cloth.

When I was out in SF last year there were signs everywhere cars were parked saying DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING IN VEHICLES. I saw cars here and there with a broken window. A coworker of mine left a hoodie on the seat while at a game and when he came back, the rental car window was broken and the hoodie gone.
    Then don't live in those cities.
    Or use a job application instead of a sweatshirt.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

Haha! Or put it in a Herman*s work boots box!
    Seriously, leaving a gun on the seat while driving is a moron move. As is leaving it unattended in a vehicle. And, switching back and forth from body to car is just about as feckless.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Bucks County)

Pretty interesting thread.
    I carry on my person almost exclusively. If I have a doctors appointment, depending on what it is, I may off body carry in my murse.

I don*t like holstering and reholstering my pistols. So the concept of an additional vehicle mounted holster is out for me. And removing my holster from my belt, just never crossed my mind in the car/truck. It does leave me a bit behind the eight ball if I needed my pistol in a hurry and while the seatbelt is being worn.

Like I said, it*s an interesting thread. Different people and their individual perspectives.

(York County)

. I am not a fan of placing a gun in the door pocket or console or glovebox. In Philadelphia there are on average 4 firearms reported stolen everyday. Most of those are from parked vehicles and most of them were stored in the console or glovebox. And a good amount of those people didn*t have a LTCF or operating under the exception of driving to or from a range or gun shop.
    Sorry, I should clarify: that’s only where I put the firearm while driving the car. Once I arrive it is back in the waistband. I would be very unhappy if I ever had a firearm stolen due to my negligence.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast