Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wayne County)

Default Help Wanted: NRA RSOs

Cross psot...

knight0334 has approved this me posting this as well as cross posting across a couple sections, verify with him.

I am the chief range officer and manager of Tommy Gun Shooting Range in Greeley, PA. 18425. This is our first year of operation open to the public, and it is growing faster than anticipated, and I am in need of RSOs (NRA certified) on a part time basis thru November, with the opportunity to become more frequent employees for next year, and possibly in our retail store. First aid cert is a bonus, but will provide the course if not current or new to it. Trauma is a big plus.

A little background...Tommy Gun Shooting Range is an offshoot of Kahr Firearms (who owns Tommy Gun as well as Desert Eagle, Magnum Research, BFR, etc.), an established firearms manufacturer as well as retailer, indoor range in Honesdale and now an outdoor 600 yard range. Steel plates every hundred yards of assorted sizes, shooters under roof of pavilion.

We have an event in September and a 2 day event in October (first is our 4th of 4 BBQ and Bullets to honor Vets and their families, the second is our Rod of Iron Freedom Festival, touted as the largest open carry 2a festival possibly in the U.S.). On a regular basis, presently, we also run Friday thru Sunday, with plans on expanding our days of operation.

Currently have 10 lanes of fire open with plans to expand to 20, ideas of NRA events, tournaments, training and tactical lessons. Main reason I am posting here is I have been interacting with many folks over the years here, met a few of them, and several are local to my area, as well as the GAOS in Harrisburg in February. I feel it would be a good pool of candidates who have already proven their firearms knowledge and that of safety and procedures.

Presently, this would be a part time position. Great for retirees, folks that have some extra time and want to get paid to watch my back and keep our range safe, and if there is a lull, be sure to have something to shoot...several perks come with the job. And, if things progress as we are seeing, it could very easily (in theory) become a full time position. I'm not in control of wages offered, but I can say that many of my RSOs respond to the paycheck with "What? I get paid too?"

This is not a golf course...
    the range was carved out of the typical Pocono landscape. Elevation changes, wind changes, mirages...it's ideal for rookies and seasoned shooters. A drug test is mandatory, as well as a base line blood test for lead...in the event you wish to work at the indoor range as well.

Please feel free to PM me, and if things seem good, I'll shoot my email and cell number. You can google the location, or if local, exit 34 off I84 westbound...Dingmans Ferry/Lords Valley.

Thanks for looking.

Matt
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Help Wanted: NRA RSOs

its 1:20...and I'm no photographer, but here it is...

DSCN0667[1].JPG

Matt, your inbox is full

(Wayne County)

Hell I don*t know where I put my certificate for RSO. MATT how many days a week and what time?

Found my certificate dated August of 2010.
    Last edited by Qtrborecrazy; August 8th, 2022 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Info

(Wayne County)

Rectified...thanks!

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Hell I don*t know where I put my certificate for RSO. MATT how many days a week and what time?

Found my certificate dated August of 2010.
    Currently, Friday thru Sunday...planning on expanding before the season ends (deer season). Scheduling is tough due to walk-in. Used to be fine with one or 2 plus me...some days were quiet, but as word spreads, not much down time. The Festival I'm looking to have 1 RSO per lane...i.e. 10 or more. But in general, would be 1 or 2 days with as much advanced notice as possible.

Expired certs are okay...we'll get you trained back up and current.

Range hours are 10 to 6. I open it up at 930, shut down at 6 and head down to the store to close out by 7.

(Allegheny County)

Just for shits and giggles, I googled distance and time to that area.

5 hours and 38 minutes.

But, my certs are current. Ha. And your jerky is great.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
    Currently, Friday thru Sunday...planning on expanding before the season ends (deer season). Scheduling is tough due to walk-in. Used to be fine with one or 2 plus me...some days were quiet, but as word spreads, not much down time. The Festival I'm looking to have 1 RSO per lane...i.e. 10 or more. But in general, would be 1 or 2 days with as much advanced notice as possible.

Expired certs are okay...we'll get you trained back up and current.

Range hours are 10 to 6. I open it up at 930, shut down at 6 and head down to the store to close out by 7.

I may be able to help out on Friday & Saturday and during events. Sundays are out, other commitments.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    Just for shits and giggles, I googled distance and time to that area.

5 hours and 38 minutes.

But, my certs are current. Ha. And your jerky is great.
    Thank you! Having a hard time keeping up with the jerky due to the range growth...but still plugging away.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    I may be able to help out on Friday & Saturday and during events. Sundays are out, other commitments.
    I'll let the store know you may be incoming. Would be good to see you again.