Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: Gun belts and IWB

Well I just got a holster from tier1 and I use it on my nylon kore belt and it’s the best setup I have found. I have a Springfield Xd and could not like it more

(Allegheny County)

I’ve used Kore belts for a couple of years. The nylon reinforced ones are excellent for me for whatever EDC.

I’ve attached suspenders at times to do heavier loads or when more active.

(Allegheny County)

I second Kore. Have a dress leather one of theirs. Rigid but not overly so and not super bulky. Also have a nylon one from Nextbelt, like it just as much. Another bonus with both of those companies is the ratchet design of the belts.

All the above said, depends on what your normal wardrobe is. If you a blue jeans, untucked shirt, no one is paying attention wo what you wear it's one thing, if your work had a dress code or the environment expects a certain look then you'll need something else.

I'm a fan of Hanks Belts https://www.hanksbelts.com/

Their Gunner 1.5 belt easily supports any subcompact, and has been my daily belt for years.
    I also have one of their 1.5 steel core belts, which is a beast and can hold a brick with zero sagging, but it's got some bulk and doesn't fit through some of my 1.5" holsters.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Claminator View Post
    I'm a fan of Hanks Belts https://www.hanksbelts.com/

Their Gunner 1.5 belt easily supports any subcompact, and has been my daily belt for years.
    I also have one of their 1.5 steel core belts, which is a beast and can hold a brick with zero sagging, but it's got some bulk and doesn't fit through some of my 1.5" holsters.
    I also have a Hank's Gunner 1.5. Had it for a few years and holds up well. I have no problem with a Crossbreed IWB and a compact Sig P320.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Beaver County)

I use kore and carry iwb- great belts and great company in my opinion

(Lancaster County)

You may laugh, but I've been really happy with my belt from Groove Life. I carry IWB and there have been zero issues. It has held up very nicely. https://groovelife.com/collections/b...lt-black-black

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    I do not currently have a fancy dedicated steel core full grain rhinoserous hide gun belt with Kryptonite buckles. Mainly because I usually carry a small sub compact IWB and have never felt the need for one. A normal leather belt has worked fine.

Does anyone feel they need one for one when carrying a larger piston IWB?

Or do they really only serve a need with OWB carrying a heavier pistol?

This is one of those things where I don't feel like I need one, but I also don't know what I don't know. But I don't feel like spending $100 just to check if they make a difference.
    I replied to this thread the day it was posted:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    I use a 1¼" Steel Core belt from Bigfoot Gunbelts. It works with office wear and competition just as well.
    I had occasion to re-read the op today. Allow me to actually answer the questions bolded above:
    • I carry a 5" 1911 IWB as my EDC. Without a solid belt I would spend the day hoisting and/or being uncomfortable.
    • The only OWB I ever carried was a Beretta M9 on a 3" OD green pistol belt. Even with canteens and ammo pouches I could distinguish where the pistol was. Like greed, rigid - for lack of a better word - is good.

(York County)

I have had several Gunner's Alley bullhide belts for probably close 20 years. Two of them are 1 1/2" and two are 1 1/4" dress belts. They hold their shape and support full size handguns well without steel reinforcement. They are very stiff at first but after a few decades they have taken my a slight yield to my aging dunlop. They do NOT stretch. Order the correct size the first time. I'm done seeking a better belt. These will take me to the wrong side of the grass, I'm sure.

(Beaver County)

I used to just carry with a regal carry belt too but I felt like the holes just get worn out and starts slipping*I didn*t want to spend $20 every couple years so I tried kore and like them overall the best. Buddy wears hanks and likes those and even some I found wear Bigfoot but I preferred the ratchet style now

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast