Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Gun belts and IWB

Blue Alpha EDC belt. I carry a G17 and a spare mag IWB.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

(Bucks County)

I went thru some of the same things. I started with a regular leather belt. Moved to a Carhartt. Then to a thick leather gun belt, I don*t remember the mfg. i switched to the Kore essentials belt a couple of years ago maybe. At least one full year ago. I*ll be wearing and using these for a good long time. I highly recommend one to anyone carrying, regardless of the size of the pistol. It holds and supports it very well without the discomfort of the really thick leather ones.
    Money well spent in my opinion.

(Bucks County)

WPS Inner belt for Walmart trips. Kore ratchet belt for date nights.

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    Regular leather belt carrying a full size ruger 57. Have not had an issue.

Holy crap Jay! I EDC a G43 appendix and it’s comfortable enough to deal with. I can’t imagine carrying double appendix with full size

(Philadelphia County)

I used a 5.11 dress belt and always had trouble with comfort as well as concealment. It was difficult to carry a full sized 1911 IWB. I switched over to a KORE Essentials dress belt a few months ago and not only does it conceal an all steel 1911 better, but it is noticeably more comfortable. There are times I forget I am carrying an all steel full sized 1911 IWB. It has the perfect balance of rigidity and flexibility. I also think it is because of my body type and my choice of wardrobe, which tends to be more fitted. What works for me may not work for someone else. The KORE belt ran me about $60, and it was well worth the investment.

(Allegheny County)

I now rotate through three different belts. For my IWB needs, its a Blade-Tech leather belt with a stiffener inside it (I don't think that they offer it anymore). For my OWB use, I have a Galco COP leather belt and a newer Crossbreed Executive Gun Belt (it has a nylon liner inside it too) - really like that belt.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/e...-gun-belt.html
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Bucks County)

55 pounds ago I purchased a thick leather gunbelt from 'tacticalcoolsombody'.com around $40.00 on sale. Got it more to deal with the inhernt 'dunlop' twist every cheap belt developed but it worked IWB/OWB with Dad's old colt. Got serious about my weight and ended up ordering a smaller one off line [Versacarry?] in the same price range. I did get a punch set and added another hold to the old belt for a backup. I'm to the point where the new belt feels too big without the Sig IWB.

(Schuylkill County)

I just bought a new Bigfoot steel core belt and I carry a Beretta PX4 Storm subcompact IWB. The old one (9-10 years old) was getting a little worn around the hole and I lost weight over the last few years so I had augured out a new hole.

(Philadelphia County)

Ciguera Emissary EDC belt. This sucker isn't bending, folding, fraying, or getting out of shape anytime soon. Had it for about 10 months now, good and stiff to work with IWB clips.

https://ciguera.com/collections/belt...ssary-edc-belt

I used a real leather belt from Dickies and carhart for years, one was black, one was brown. They both worked fine. A while back, I bought a gun belt from Crossbreed. Huge difference.

I think you were right with the idea you don't know what you don't know.

I was carrying an XD 4 inch, and the gun belt was a HUGE difference. My old leather belths were ok, but once I got the gun belt, I can't imagine going back to just a regular belt.

I recently just got a Hellcat Pro, much lighter. I have used a few different belts, including a nylon one. They all work ok with that, but the gun belt is still better

If you want to try a gun belt, but not spend a ton, I got mine on Crossbreed seconds

https://www.crossbreed-seconds.com/belts/?sort=priceasc

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast