Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: My Hellcat Pro

Default My Hellcat Pro

I got mine with the extras already, didn't have to send for them last Friday, my range was closed for repairs. It reopened yesterday, so I got to go shooting.

I put 100 rounds through the Hellcat Pro. I had 50 rounds of Blazer Brass 115 grain FMH and 50 Rounds of Federal American Eagle 142 grain FMJ.

I forgot to bring a a mag loader, and I couldn't cram the 15 rounds in a magazine. So since I had 5 magazines, I decided to try 3 mags with 10 rounds each of each ammo. Then I could test each mag for function ( I know, still need to check function fully loaded) and check to make sure each bullet functioned in the gun and see if one was better. I then took the remaining rounds and did mixed magazines and shot rapid fire to check function.

The gun was 100% flawless. 0 issues chambering or ejecting. One weird thing, 2 magazines (I am guessing they were the ones that came with the gun) were a little harder to load. You can't load them straight down; you really have to go in at an angle. I am guessing it is because they have a staggered stack? I have never noticed this in any other magazine I have ever loaded. The other 3 mags had a touch of this, but not nearly as bad.

My first 30 rounds were the Blazer Brass. I wasn't shooting super slow for bullseye accuracy, but not rapid fire either. About 15 feet

Then 30 rounds with the Federal, same pace

At that distance, I wish my groups were tighter. I am sure they tighten up over time.

I really do like the gun. Good trigger for a striker fired.

Sights were amazing. No complaints at all.

I did notice the gun jumped around a bit in my hand. I had to play around with my grip.

But it's a smaller grip than I am used to, and I have big hands (I can palm a basketball) and it's lighter than I am used to. I was expecting a bit more snap, and I got it. But I was getting the hang of it before I left. Muzzle flip/rise really wasn't too bad and I could get the front sight back on target pretty quickly.

All in all, I am very satisfied with it.

It definitely isn't a range toy, but I will definitely be comfortable with it being my EDC, assuming that I have successful tests with some hollow point ammunition

(Beaver County)

Default Re: My Hellcat Pro

Really nice work man. I would say they both are pretty similar and your shot is pretty reliable.

I mean, they are all minute of bad guy. I would like to tighten them up a bit, but at least I know my round are going to be center mass

(Lancaster County)

Good to hear that's it's working well for you. You need to work on your shooting though and reduce the groups sizes by at least 50%.
    More dry firing and practical range time...

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyVet View Post
    Good to hear that's it's working well for you. You need to work on your shooting though and reduce the groups sizes by at least 50%.
    More dry firing and practical range time...

Enjoy

Thanks!

That's the plan

(Warren County)

I enlarged the grips of a couple handguns with a piece of bicycicle inner tube slipped over the grip.

Makes a BIG difference, cheap, non permanent, easy to remove.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE